Players from Australia tend to prefer Rival slots from both Betsoft and RealTime Gaming titles. Online casinos often feature this software on their platforms, which motivated us to explore Rival powered software in-depth, raising awareness in terms of its payouts, game features, scandals and other noteworthy areas.
The company was formed in 2005, operating from 2006 till today. With a total of 132 games to date, there is a lot of ground to cover when it comes to Rival Powered. Although it is a less-known developer, over 50 online casinos are exclusively powered with its software, as it offers progressive titles, poker games and casino games on top of its top-rated i-Slots and slot machines.
|Licenses & Certifications||Curacao eGaming, TST & eCogra|
|Number of Slots||114|
|Number of Casino Games||18|
|Characteristics||Great Graphics, Low Volatility & RTP|
|Best Casinos||Joe Fortune, Spartan Slots|
|Services||Backend, Games Software, Mobile Games, Customer Service, Licensing, Exclusive Games, Affiliate Program.|
|Scam Company?||Questionable until 2010|
Best 12 Rival Casinos & Bonuses
There are 50 exclusively Rival casino sites apparent today, with even further top websites offering Rival slots amongst other casino games. Our very best-rated Rival casinos for 2023 include:
- Slots Capital – one of the most visited US Rival casinos to join and play in 2023.
- Desert Nights Casino – 250% weekly bonus to play Rival slot games free!
- 1xSlots Casino – amongst the best Rival casinos that also provides access to live dealer games!
- Supernova – one of the best Rival themed casinos, which also hosts a variety of i-Slots from the provider.
- Spartan Slots – offering a combination of Rival free spins slots and a 250% welcome bonus.
- Black Diamond – one of the Aussie online casinos with over 11 years of operation, offering the full Rival Powered catalogue.
- Box24 – 25 free spins no deposit available to play selected Rival slots!
- Eclipse – top rated mobile app and easy to access Rival casino from any device and location.
- Joe Fortune – besides Rival slots, Joe Fortune provides a huge variety of slot machines to play for free or real money.
- Intertops – besides Rival slot games with up to $5,555 welcome bonus, sportsbook and poker games are available to play at this casino.
- Ignition – one of the Rival casinos that carry no license, while still catering to both US and Aussie players.
- Cocoa – the first Rival casino in the world, which still has a huge player base from various countries.
Best 10 Rival Slots
Rival is a proud and masterful slot games provider, so selecting a few from its extensive catalogue has been indeed challenging. Below, you can view the best ten Rival slots for 2023, as they depict all the best aspects of the provider:
One of the Nordic slots of Rival, Viking Victory slot game is a 243 ways to win slot, up to 3,125. Operating with cascading reels and up to 9x multiplier, this is one of the best slots in terms of theme and design from the provider. Further, it carries a low volatility with excellent hit rate but only 94.11% RTP.
Diamond Rhino Jackpot
With a 93.99% RTP and a low volatility, Diamond Rhino Jackpot is a standard Rival slot game. With multipliers, free spins, stacked wilds and a progressive jackpot – it is one of the most bonus-filled pokies from the provider.
Although this is the first progressive jackpot slot from Rival, released in 2009, it remains one of their most popular pokies to date. Players must bet maximum on 1 – 9 paylines to be eligible for the ever-increasing pot, keeping in mind that the volatility of Money Magic is very high and the RTP at 95%.
One of the few Asian themed slots from Rival, Daikoku Blessings is the single 6 reels game of the provider. It carries a low RTP, at 93.59%, as volatility – impressing through its bonus features; namely, expanding wilds, free spins, multipliers, and jackpots.
Five Times Wins
This game is the original of the series under the same name by Rival, offered with low volatility and 95.70% RTP. The game is a standard 3-reeler, despite being released in 2016. 5x Times Win game is one of the best classic slot machines, with the only special feature being the 5x Wild multiplier.
Often featured as the qualifying bonus slot of Australian casinos, Catsino is one of the best Rival slots. It plays with a medium volatility and a 94.35% RTP, as players spin after free spins, 7x multipliers and the 9 Lives Super Round.
One Million Reels BC
Another progressive jackpot slot by Rival, One Million Reels BC is themed around dinosaurs and the pre-historic era. The action revolves around three reels and five paylines, whereby wilds and a symbol-triggered progressive jackpot are at play. Despite its original release dating over 10 years ago, the game has astonishing 3D graphics.
One of the few medium volatility slot games from Rival, Jumping Jaguar has an RTP of 94.58%. The game was released in 2017, with the storyline unfolding within a jungle. All kinds of animals populate the reels, whereby free spins, wilds and drop symbols coincide.
One of the most famous Arab slots ever released, Arabian Tales by Rival features a low variance and a 95% RTP. The game has all the expected symbols, such as Ali Baba, thieves, a genie and such. The game is positioned within a cave field with gold, which could become yours through the stunning bonus features apparent in this game.
Wrath of Medusa
The most recent release of Rival, Wrath of Medusa is a 5-reel slot, with an RTP of 93.86% and low volatility. The game has stunning animations, with the expanding wilds, sticky wilds and Pick Em bonus being some of the best features in the whole iGaming realm.
Rival Powered Services
Rival does not operate in the same way as most popular software providers, as it aims to offer a holistic range of services to casino operators, rather just games. The most notable include:
- Full Casino Backoffice – this service is ideal for online casinos who just want to offer Rival games and do not bother with a software team. A casino Backoffice is the software system that allows casino operators to add content, create URLs and edit the overall casino powered by Rival.
- 3rd party Integrations – considering the versatility of the sector, Rival Backoffice is not a stand-alone platform. Rather, operators can add extra features on the website, like SEO-plugins, translation software and so on.
- Affiliate Program – each casino operator decides on the marketing activities that they will employ to attract new customers. Nonetheless, affiliate marketing, the practice of websites sending players to the casino, is one of the main ways that casino sites get players. Rival software offers an affiliate website and system from scratch.
- Tools for Tracking – this might be a bit too complicated, but in essence, this tool by Rival helps operators monitor how new players landed on the site, what did they click, how long did they spend on a single page and so on. Overall, this service helps improve the player experience and the overall journey.
- Live chat – Rival is the only provider that offers a live chat service for all the casino players. Users can chat with each other, discussing their gaming experiences, preferences and so on. Still, such features are not legal on most countries that regulate online gambling closely.
- Customer Support – paying for agents and customer services teams is not essential if you decide to employ Rival services for your online casino. Experts from Rival themselves will address all players’ concerns and issues through their 15+ years of expertise.
- Exclusive Games – not many providers trust themselves as much as Rival, which is evident from their willingness to produce games that will be featured exclusively by their partners. For instance, an online casino can request from Rival to produce a title with a certain theme, types of graphics, special features etc. and the developer will create it for them only.
Licenses & Markets: eCuracao, TST & eCogra
In terms of licensing and safety, Rival is not the most impressive provider. Some developers carry licenses from three or more official gambling bodies, allowing them to power casinos in multiple countries.
Rival, on the other hand, carries a license from the Curacao Internet Gaming Association (CIGA) only, which is not as recognized as other licensing bodies. Nonetheless, this license allows Rival to power casinos and offer its services to all markets in the world, except Curacao itself. In essence, this license is ideal for operators who just want to offer their services to grey and unregulated markets, despite the connotations that such practices carry.
On a positive note, Rival also carries certifications from 3rd parties, like eCogra and TST, which are official and independent bodies that regularly test the casino games and slot machines of software providers in terms of RNG, RTP and overall fair gaming.
Rival Powered Software Scandals
As you might have speculated from the above bit, Rival would have normally been associated with some sketchy casinos and websites over the years. Still, it fairs much better compared to other providers that engage in similar practices, see RealTime Gaming for example, with just a few rocky instances that need to be mentioned:
First and foremost, the sole fact that Rival powers unlicensed casinos and casinos that operate in grey markets is alarming. As a result, the company had an overall rocky start since its launch in 2006.
Most software providers rent their games to casinos but Rival exclusively powered rogue sites and therefore is tied to any scandals that involve them. For instance, a common practice of many Rival casinos was to incorporate tricky Terms & Conditions within their small print, limiting players in terms of withdrawal limits, pending times, verification, fees and so on.
The most evident example of these Ts & Cs relates to the players’ status affecting the amount of money they can withdraw. All players were included in the lower category, allowing them to withdraw a few hundred dollars per week. When considering that the welcome bonus could reward up to $10,000 at some rival casinos, players would have to wait for years to withdraw all their funds.
So, even if Rival was not actually involved in any scandals, many Rival-powered casinos were, raising red flags about the legitimacy of the provider.
Change & Challenges
In 2010, Rival powered was moved to a different management, highlighting the move towards more ethical and cautious gambling activities. Although the company was involved in considerably less scandals since, by powering better new online casinos – the challenges did not cease.
It was in 2010 that the US market banned online gambling, which was Rival’s main target country. Therefore, although Rival is struggling to power fair online casinos only, it is still doomed to cater to grey markets and solely Curacao licensed casinos.
Sheriff Gaming & Blue Gem Gaming
These are some small developing houses, which are not apparent today. Rival used to feature many slot games from Sheriff, whose CEO was arrested for money laundering activities and fraud. The company moved to a different name, Blue Gem Gaming, which was also shut down, as it was clear that it operated under the same management.
Nevertheless, the Sheriff Gaming titles that Rival also featured used to be the most popular titles from their catalogue. Thus, it would be wise for the provider to power similar games for their audiences again sometime.
Lastly, there is an online thread that has accumulated a lot of traction, concerning Rival blackjack. The players who conducted this piece have added a lot of detail and evidence to highlight how Rival blackjack would not payout, even when selected winning combinations were formed.
The allegations claimed that such practices aim to steal money from players, who are either inexperienced or would not notice the faulty blackjack payouts due to their anticipation for the next round.
All Rival Games List
Rival releases about one new slot machine every one to two months, with a few being follow-ups to other original titles from their catalogue.
Rival Slot Machines
|Slot Games||3 Reels||5 Reels||Progressive||6 Reels|
|1||Almighty Dollar||5 Reel Circus||Diamond Rhino Jackpot||Daikoku Blessings|
|2||Big Bang Buckaroo||Day at the Derby||5x Wins Jackpot|
|3||Big Cash Win||Alien Spinvasion||Major Moolah|
|4||Bust a Vault||Arabian Tales||Money Magic|
|5||Chicken Little||Astral Luck||OneMillion Reels BC|
|6||Crazy Camel Cash Diamond Cherries||Blazin Buffalo||Strike Gold|
|8||Dollars to Donuts||Champs Elysees|
|9||Dr.Acula||Chariots of Fire|
|10||Dublin your Dough||Cleopatra’s Coins|
|11||Eggstravaganza||Coins of Olympus|
|12||Fire Storm 7||Dark Hearts|
|14||Flea Market||Diamond Rhino|
|15||Global Cup Soccer||Diggin’ Deep|
|16||Gold Bricks||Dog Pound Dollar$|
|18||Heroes Realm||Fruit Splash|
|19||Hot Hand||Future Fortunes|
|20||Loco 7s||Gnome Sweet Home|
|21||Mega Wins||Golden Boot Football|
|22||Merlin’s Mystical Multipliers||Golden Gorilla|
|23||Midas Touch||Gushers Gold|
|24||Cash Cow||Hobo’s Hoard|
|26||Pistols and Roses||Jack Frost|
|27||Plunk Oh||Johnny Jungle|
|28||Red White & Blue||Jolly Rogers Jack Pot!|
|29||Sensational 6s||Juicy Jewels|
|30||7 Bar||Jumping Jaguar|
|31||Snow Wonder||King Winalot|
|32||Sun Paradise||Leonardo’s Loot|
|33||Tahiti Time||Lion’s Roar|
|34||10x||Lost Secret of Atlantis|
|35||WinMill||For Love & Money|
|36||Win Sanity||Lucky Labyrinth|
|37||Lucky Ox Jackpots|
|47||Rise of Poseidon|
|49||Scary Rich 2|
|50||Scary Rich 3|
|60||Cleopatra’s Coins Treasure of the Nile|
|69||World of Oz|
|70||Wrath of Medusa|
iSlots (Interactive Slots)
This is the most interesting games’ category from Rival. Interactive slots are similar to video games, whereby players engage with the action, unlocking new levels, new symbols, more bonuses and higher payouts as they progress. Such games even allow players to stop playing and continue from where they started at another time. In terms of RTP and payouts, i-Slots are similar to other Rival slot machines. The available games are:
A Switch in Time
As the Reels Turn – Blinded by Love
As the Reel Turn – The Gamble
As the Reels Turn – With Friends like You
A Baby Boomers – Cash Cruise
Cosmic Quest – Mission Control
Cosmic Quest – Mystery Planets
Hole in Won
Hole in Won – The Back Nince
Reel Crime – Art Heist
Reel Crime – Bank Heist
Sherwood Forest Fortune
Rival Table Games
Card Clash and Poker were the first casino games by Rival, released in 2006 – with the rest options being launched in 2020. This was indeed a clever move by Rival, as their exclusive partners could not lack the below gaming options:
- American Roulette, 94.74% House Edge
- Blackjack, 99.40% House Edge
- Blackjack Multihand, 99.38% House Edge
- Card Clash, 97.12% House Edge
- European Roulette, 97.30% House Edge
- Ride’Em Poker, 97.04% House Edge
Rival Poker Games
With a strong focus on single-player poker, Rival released all such versions in 2006. Last year, the provider also added a multi-hand version of all their poker games, greatly improving their versatility:
- Aces & Faces, 99.26% Edge
- Aces & Faces Multi-hand, 99.26% Edge
- Deuces Poker, 99.07% Edge
- Deuces Poker Multi-hand, 99.37% Edge
- Double Poker, 98.10% Edge
- Double Poker Multi-hand, 98.10% Edge
- Jacks or Better, 99.54% Edge
- Jacks or Better Multi-hand, 99.54% Edge
- Joker Poker, 98.60% Edge
- Joker Poker Multi-hand, 98.60% Edge
- Tens or Better, 99.14% Edge
- Tens or Better Multi-hand, 99.14% Edge
Software & Games Features: Bonuses, Themes, Graphics, RTP & Volatility
We could not locate a comprehensive summation of Rival games features since most websites depict its titles as mediocre in all regards. Therefore, we have dived into each and every game from the provider, to illuminate all readers about Rival slots’ features.
- Volatility – High rollers would not be pleased with Rival titles, as 80% of their games carry a low volatility, a few medium and less than five are played with a high volatility. This means that the vast majority of Rival slots will provide frequent payouts of smaller size.
- Hit Rate – As with most low volatility slot games, the hit rate in Rival slot games is very high, at 35% and further.
- RTP – By far the most disappointing fact about Rival slots is that they carry very low rates. This figure is calculated in long-term spinning of each title, with the average being 96%. In contrast, Rival slots range from 92 – 94% in their majority. A few progressive games carry even lower RTPs, at 88%, with a few exceptions offering above average RTP.
- Payouts – The payouts from Rival games are very low compared to other providers. Forget about 20,000x your bet payouts with Rival slots, as they tend to range at 1,000 – 2,000x the bet level at maximum. Nevertheless, the progressive pokies from Rival have jackpots that seed at $1,000, at $5,000 and even at $50,000 – so higher payouts can be achieved here too.
- Bet Levels – Another noteworthy aspect of Rival slots lies within their bet levels. Players will rarely find slots that accept over $10 per spin, with most offering an average maximum wager of $2.
- Usability – Rival powers all each games with spectacular detail and always the user in mind. Small descriptions offer a clear understanding of how the game is played, the RTP, the maximum wins and payouts. Further, the provider features the same control buttons that can adjust pretty much everything at will, such as: Coins value, Cashier, Autoplay, Max Bet, Sound, Paytable, Game Speed, Volume and Ambient Sounds.
- HTML5 – All Rival slots releases from 2010 and onwards are powered in such a way to be accessible from all devices and software systems. Whenever you join a Rival casino, you will spot the mobile icon at all the respective games, so you don’t have to guess at random.
- Graphics & Animations – If you have played any Rival slot game before, you will know what we are talking about. 3D symbols, themed low paying symbols as high paying, animated backgrounds, winning combinations that light up, new mini game screens and so many more spectacular visuals complement Rival games.
- Bonus Features – Last but not least, all video pokies from Rival offer free spins, multiple types of wild symbols, bonus features and scatters. 3-reelers and progressive pokies from the developer lack in features, which is normal considering their game type.
Although Rival is a provider that is worth engaging with, we mentioned a few things that need to be considered. Firstly, many Rival powered sites operate in grey markets and therefore carry some risk when it comes to withdrawals and Ts & Cs.
Then, the games from this provider have a very low return to player rate, which is something that seasoned players should definitely consider.
Nevertheless, the fun and creativity that you can enjoy from Rival slots is truly unrivalled, as the bonuses offered by the best Rival casino sites. Thus, we suggest that you do indeed play Rival games, after carefully checking the platform you will be joining.
- About the Author
- Affiliate Disclosure
Michael has reviewed and verified all information on this page. Having worked in the iGaming industry for over 8 years, he is the most capable person to help you navigate online casinos, pokies, and the Australian gambling landscape.