Prepaid cards issued by renowned financial institutions can be a great way to deposit and withdraw at Australian online casinos. They share all the benefits of debit and credit cards while offering a discrete way to gamble online for real money.
Whether you are using one-off gift cards to play online pokies or using virtual prepaid cards by Visa or MasterCard for repeated transactions – gambling with a prepaid card might be exactly what you are looking for.
This guide will explain how this banking method works at online casinos while outlining the best Australian gambling sites that accept prepaid cards.
What is a prepaid card?
Prepaid cards come in various forms to facilitate payments at local retailers or online. Of course, you can also use them to add money to your online casino account. Prepaid cards can be bought online or at physical stores.
They are a reliable and safe route for players looking to gamble online without sharing their main debit or credit card information. All online casinos that accept credit card payments will also accept prepaid cards issued by the same brands, with a few extra options in some cases.
Keeping in mind the evolution of prepaid cards is important to weigh your options correctly. Traditionally, prepaid cards were used as a one-off voucher that could be entered online to complete payments. Users would buy it for the cash equivalent at local stores, and then use the pin code to add money at online casinos.
Although these remain a viable option today, there are many more types of prepaid cards you can use for gambling based on your needs.
- Gift Card (Disposable) – this type of card can be bought for the cash equivalent at local stores. Then, you just enter the pin code at the online casino cashier and the amount of money you wish to use. When the value of the prepaid gift card is depleted and transferred online, it has no further use.
- Digital Prepaid Card – a digital prepaid card is just like a gift card, but it is purchased and registered online. The user must activate it on the official site first, before entering the code and funding their online casino account. The account through which you activate digital prepaid cards can be used for each new card you purchase.
- Reloadable Prepaid Card – reloadable prepaid cards can be used just like a debit or credit card. Users can register them online and also request a physical card. Players can use the available funds to transfer money at online casinos by sharing their card code, CVV, and expiry date. The good news is that virtual prepaid cards can be reloaded and also support ATM withdrawals.
Most prepaid cards issuers offer different products to support each of the above features, so you just need to opt-in for the one suiting your needs.
Can I use prepaid cards for gambling online in Australia?
Gambling with a prepaid card is the preferred method among players. Due to the current gambling laws only allowing offshore online casinos to operate Down Under, most financial institutions do not support payments to online casinos.
As a result, prepaid cards have turned out to be one of the closest alternative options. Moreover, prepaid cards allow users to keep their banking accounts and credit card details private, which is not a bad idea if you are not familiar with the online casino brand you are gambling with.
Although not all online casinos accept prepaid cards, this page lists the best gambling sites where you can use at least one prepaid card brand to transfer funds and play online pokies.
Best Australian gambling sites that accept prepaid cards in 2024
Above is an up-to-date list of Aussie online casinos supporting prepaid card payments. Neosurf is the universal option, but you can also use prepaid and gift cards issued by MasterCard, Visa, Skrill, and other brands at these sites. Just opt-in for the brand backing your prepaid or gift card, and deposit like you would with your credit card.
And these brands weren’t selected on a whim or simply because they accept prepaid card payments. Each listed operator holds an iGaming license and is a legit service with flexible payment limits and instant payout times. You can deposit and withdraw using your prepaid card for as low as A$10, and you’ll get instant access to 2000+ slots, table games, jackpots, live casino games, and even provably fair games.
Check below our highlight for each top gambling site accepting prepaid card payments in Australia:
- FairGo Casino – 400% Neosurf casino bonus every week!
- National Casino – save A$45 off your prepaid card using the National casino no deposit bonus code!
- BitStarz Casino – get access to 5 different prepaid cards and instant Bitcoin casino withdrawals!
- Ozwin Casino – weekend match bonuses for your prepaid card deposits!
- King Billy – best welcome bonus for your gift card deposits.
- Sky Crown Casino – best gambling app accepting prepaid card payments.
- iWild Casino – best pokies site for prepaid card gambling; get 200+ free spins on your first deposit!
- Rabona – use your prepaid card balance to play pokies or bet on sports through a single site.
- Wazamba – a separate app to manage all your prepaid card payments from a single place!
- Evolve Casino – largest gaming lobby among all prepaid card gambling sites Down Under.
How to activate a prepaid card online
Registering a prepaid card online shouldn’t take you over 2 minutes.
- After you purchase the card at a retail location, enter the prepaid card’s URL in your mobile or desktop browser.
- Then, you must tap on the activation button or the equivalent of your brand
- Enter the prepaid card number, CVV, and expiration date in the provided fields.
- You’ll need to share the information associated with you, such as your name, address, mobile number, etc.
- Submit the form and you can then instantly register all future reloads on your card.
The above process works with the prepaid cards associated with your credit or debit card account.
- Other types of prepaid cards come in the form of a voucher with a pin code. The process of activating these is similar, but you will be asked to enter the pin code instead of the card details. Then, you transfer the funds from the prepaid card site directly to the online casino.
- With gift cards or one-off prepaid cards, you can visit the online casino cashier directly and complete the prompts there. No need for registration or card activation.
Prepaid cards that work for real money gambling in Australia
The prepaid cards you’ll be able to use to gamble online range from one online casino to the next.
Most sites will accept a mixture of gift cards, reloadable prepaid cards, and one-off vouchers. You can tap on the links placed on this page to view the various prepaid card options accepted at the best prepaid card casinos in Australia.
It’s good to remember that only prepaid cards with a physical card and a registered online account can be used for both casino deposits and withdrawals. For the rest, you’ll need to use an alternative method to withdraw your winnings.
Best AUD prepaid cards for online gambling
Having said this, our team has reviewed most online gambling sites Down Under, and we’ve compiled a list of the prepaid cards most commonly accepted:
- Visa (Vanilla Gift Card, Visa Prepaid Card, Visa Gift Card, etc.)
- MasterCard Prepaid Cards (Australia Post Travel Platinum, CommBank Travel Money Card, Qantas Travel Money, Westpack Worldwide Wallet, etc)
- Load&Go Gift & Prepaid Cards
- American Express prepaid card
- Maestro prepaid card
- Skrill prepaid card
- Neteller prepaid card
How to make a casino deposit using a prepaid card
To add money to your casino account through a prepaid card you will first need to register with the operator.
- To do so, tap on one of the links placed on this page, and click to register by sharing the required details.
- When the process is done, you can visit the cashier section. There, you’ll encounter all the prepaid card options supported. Choose one – i.e., Visa to use your Vanilla Visa prepaid card.
- The next step will depend on the gift card or prepaid card voucher you are using to complete the payments. For some, you might need to enter your CVV, card number, expiry date, and account information – while for others a pin code. Just make sure you are transferring the correct amount and complete the payments.
How to withdraw from a casino using prepaid cards
Gift cards and prepaid vouchers do not support casino withdrawals. If you used Neosurf or Flexepin, you will need to select another payment option to cash out.
For reloadable prepaid cards associated with your main credit or debit card, you can withdraw money as you would with them. Visit the cashier section, enter the amount you wish to withdraw, and confirm the transaction. The card details will have been saved from the original deposit, and the whole process is almost automated.
The money should be loaded into your account within 48 hours – but it varies based on the operator. Keep in mind that you will be asked to complete the casino’s KYC process before your first withdrawal and that all bonuses are cleared of any wagering requirements.
Processing times and fees
All casino deposits using prepaid cards are processed instantly. There are no pending times, and the funds will be instantly reflected in your account. Withdrawals, when supported, can take anywhere from 24 hours to 72 hours. The casino’s internal team will need to review all submitted information before enabling the payment.
Fees apply on prepaid card payments, often ranging from A$2 – A$5 purchase or monthly fee and additional costs for inactive accounts. Of course, fees and costs range based on the product you are using – there are no account fees if you are using prepaid vouchers.
The limits for each prepaid card can also range, usually starting at A$10 – A$5,000.
Prepaid cards gambling apps
Most Australian casinos double up as mobile casinos but rarely develop separate apps. As such, you will be able to use your prepaid card’s pin code on desktops and mobiles, but only selected operators have apps.
Prepaid cards gambling pros and cons
Gambling with a prepaid card is the best option for many players, but it comes with a few shortcomings. This page has explained most features associated with prepaid card casinos, and the following table is a quick overview of the pros and cons deduced.
|Safe banking method, safeguarded by long pin codes
|Prepaid cards usually involve fees
|Ideal for players who want to gamble online using cash
|Most prepaid cards require KYC these days
|Many casino sites accept prepaid card payments
|Some prepaid cards are restricted at Australian online casinos
|Reliable banking institutions offer a prepaid card option
|Withdrawals via prepaid cards might be restricted on some casino sites
|Instant casino deposits from as low as A$10
|Access to exclusive casino bonuses at the listed operators
|Helps keep information private
If these features put you off using prepaid cards for online gambling, you can consider the following alternatives:
- PayPal online casinos
- PayID online casinos
- Bpay online casinos
- Cryptocurrency online casinos
- Cash App casinos
- POLi casinos
Gambling using prepaid cards vs gift cards
Gambling with a gift card might be a better option for users who are not up-to-date with how modern prepaid cards work at online casinos.
As this guide has explained, most online casinos support virtual reloadable prepaid cards that work in the same manner as your credit or debit card. This means you will be required to complete a KYC procedure and your bank will be aware of your gambling payments.
Users who want to keep things simple should buy prepaid card vouchers or gift cards at local retailers to then load their casino accounts. The downside with options like Vanilla Visa gift cards is that they do not support casino withdrawals.
But as we explained above, there are many other options to cash out your casino winnings hassle-free.
- About the Author
- Affiliate Disclosure
Michael has reviewed and verified all information on this page. Having worked in the iGaming industry for over 8 years, he is the most capable person to help you navigate online casinos, pokies, and the Australian gambling landscape.