The Dragon Link pokies series is the latest innovation by Aristocrat. They are fairly similar to the Lightning Link pokies available at Australian casinos in Queensland, New South Wales, Tasmania, and additional locations.
Players can play and win the networked jackpot on any of the connected Dragon Link games:
- Silk Road
- Golden Gong
- Peace & Long Life
- Genghis Khan
- Golden Century
- Spring Festival
- Happy & Prosperous
- Autumn Mood
- Peacock Princess
- Panda Magic
You can continue below to learn how to win the Dragon Link jackpot, the best games in the series, what to expect in terms of gameplay, and the best Australian online casinos offering the titles for real money.
Let’s get into it.
List of Dragon Link Online Pokies
There are 10 pokies games developed by HRG studios, which is part of the Aristocrat group, featuring the Dragon Link progressive jackpot. Each game has unique betting lines, graphics, bonuses, and symbols, but all share the highly coveted Dragon Link jackpot. The pots here increase based on the stakes placed across all machines, reaching total payouts over A$10,000 regularly.
You can win the progressive jackpot by playing any of the listed games. What makes each unique is their theme and free games bonus:
- Dragon Link Silk Road: Activate the free spins bonus during which all wilds expand to cover the whole reel.
- Dragon Link Golden Gong: Any wild that appears on reels 2, 3, and 4 expands to cover the entire reel therefore enabling additional winning paylines.
- Dragon Link Peace & Long Life: Experience the thrill of matching symbols with the help of multiplier wilds throughout the six free spins.
- Dragon Link Genghis Khan: The free spins bonus in this game includes 2x multiplier wild symbols that can lead to 16x for five on a spin.
- Dragon Link Golden Century: Try to match characters with similar signifiers throughout the bonus game to win the corresponding prize.
- Dragon Link Spring Festival: Enter the free spins round during which the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th reels fuse to lead to massive payouts.
- Dragon Link Happy & Prosperous: As soon as the free spins bonus is triggered, all low-paying symbols are removed from the reels increasing the likelihood of big wins and Dragon Link bonus activation.
- Dragon Link Autumn Mood: The free spins bonus here includes special symbols that transform into the same symbol, including the jackpot spheres.
- Dragon Link Peacock Princess: Enter the free games round and sit back as the middle reels stack to establish massive winning opportunities.
- Dragon Link Panda Magic: This animal-themed jackpot game has a free games bonus with high-paying symbols only.
Despite the networked jackpot and features they share, the above are the areas making each Aristocrat pokie from the series unique. The free games bonuses cannot match the rewards you can get from the Dragon Link feature but can help secure some decent wins and stay in the black until you activate the ultimate feature.
How Dragon Link Pokies Work
Dragon Link pokies are primarily land-based pokies machines available at Australian and US casinos powered by Aristocrat.
The games work as standard video slots with 5 reels, 3 rows, and fixed paylines. Wilds, scatters, free games, and symbols are unique to each title. However, players who enter the jackpot bonus round stand a chance to win the shared pot. Here is how it works:
Dragon Link Progressive Jackpot: Hold & Spin Bonus Round
Players trigger the jackpot bonus round by landing 6 or more jackpot symbols. The screen changes and users lock the corresponding prizes + 3 respins for a chance to land additional jackpot symbols or one of the featured jackpots.
Every time one or more symbols land on the reels, the respins count resets. The bonus round ends when all 15 spots are filled and the player wins the grand jackpot, or when no symbol lands on the reels three consecutive times.
The rewards include random cash prizes corresponding to the bet size + one of the four jackpots. The jackpot values increase based on the bets placed by players in the same facility or online casino, and they start at the following levels:
- Mini = A$10
- Minor = A$100
- Major = A$500
- Grand = A$10,000 (we’ve seen it grow to over A$2,000,000 and it might seed at higher levels in certain casinos)
The grand jackpot is awarded if the whole screen is filled with symbols, while players can win the remaining three jackpots more than once during a bonus. All prizes are added at the end of the feature, regardless of whether the grand jackpot was won or not.
Dragon Link Pokies Features
The jackpot is the main draw of Dragon Link pokies. It works in the exact same way at all linked machines although the exact values will depend on the casino you are playing at and how busy they are.
With that aside, most Dragon Link pokies feature similar game mechanics as follows:
Dragon Link pokies are designed with 5 reels, 3 rows, and 25 or 50 fixed paylines. Players can alter the coin size from A$0.1 to A$5 and the number of coins per spin to bet from A$0.25 to A$125 per spin.
Wins are formed from the left to the right when at least three identical symbols land on the reels. The games’ paytables provides info on the exact values.
One thing to keep in mind is that the higher the bet, the bigger the cash prizes you can win during the Hold and Win bonus; although the progressive jackpots remain identical.
All Dragon Link pokies feature wild symbols, which substitute for all other symbols except the scatters and jackpot symbols, helping land winning combos more frequently.
Three scatters anywhere on the reels trigger the free spins bonus, and players win 250x their stake for 5 scatters.
The free spins bonuses all start with 6 free games, and 3 additional free spins for extra scatters during the round. This is the main area where Dragon Link pokies mechanics differ. Some free game bonuses feature extra wilds and multiplier wilds, while others only include the higher-paying symbols. A couple also fuse the three middle reels to increase the likelihood of bigger payouts.
Aristocrat pokies tend to follow an Asian theme, although not exclusively. However, all Dragon Link pokies depict Oriental tales, figures, or animals showing their commitment to this market. Although the symbols, music, and design of a pokie don’t influence the winning outcomes, we suggest selecting the Dragon Link game closest to your taste.
RTP and Volatility
Lastly, all Dragon Link pokies seem to have 95.2% RTP and medium volatility. Both these values are considered average for online casinos but since these games are developed for physical casinos – their odds are outstanding.
A 95.2% RTP means that the casino’s long-term edge is 4.8%, which is alright. The medium volatility suggests the frequency and size of payouts will be reasonable for players of all bet levels.
Real Money Dragon Link Online Pokies
Lightning Link and Dragon Link pokies powered by Aristocrat are rarely featured at online casinos. The company is mostly focused on sourcing physical casinos across the world + launching them on their own social casinos. Unless you live in close proximity to a real money Dragon Link casino or don’t mind playing at free mobile pokies apps without real cash prizes, you need to search for alternatives.
Thankfully online pokies have come a long way and Dragon Link pokies barely stand out in the digital space. Essentially these are 5-reel video slots with free spins and a Hold and Win bonus. The online casinos we’ve listed above feature the following similar games to Dragon Link pokies:
Aztec Sun Hold & Win
Aztec Sun Hold & Win is a 5×3 reels slot with stakes ranging from A$0.25 to A$50 per spin. The game features three fixed jackpots you win through a hold and win bonus round identical to the Dragon Link pokies.
The game also features wilds and scatters, with the latter unlocking 8 free spins with high-paying symbols only. The game is hugely popular and available at all listed Aussie online casinos.
5 Dragon Peals Hold and Win
An Aristocrat online pokie featured at several online gambling sites, 5 Dragon Peals Hold and Win has a jackpot bonus round with 3 free respins awarding up to 10,000x the players’ stake. Free games with wild multipliers and advanced symbols only can be triggered through three scatters anywhere on the reels.
If you like dragons and big wins, this high volatility pokie with 96%+ RTP is a must-play.
Royal Coins 2 Hold and Win
Royal Coins 2 Hold and Win combines classic fruit pokies with advanced bonus rounds. The jackpot bonus game featured at Dragon Link Pokies is available here, although the jackpots are fixed and correspond to the bet level.
The game has a 95.64% RTP, high variance, and a max win of 4,000x the bet set by Playson. The bonus round aside, Royal Coins 2 features regular above-average-sized wins during the base game through the help of wild symbols.
Tips for Playing Dragon Link Pokies
Aristocrat casinos in Australia welcome players with free drinks and the occasional free dinner. None of these can help build a strategy to win at Dragon Link pokies consistently, quite the opposite if you cannot hold your own.
Online casinos with games similar to the Dragon Link progressive jackpots provide some unique ways to tip the odds in your favour:
- Register through our links and promo codes to grab bonuses for Hold and Win pokies online. Some of the casino bonuses you can find double your original deposit and usually award free spins for selected pokies. There is no better way to chase jackpots than extending your bankroll further.
- Understanding how progressive jackpot pokies work is a must here. Some games provide all users an equal chance of winning the jackpot, while others take into account how much money a player is betting per round. Depending on your pockets, opt-in for the jackpot games more suited for you.
- Any casino game requires bankroll management and the ability to stop when you’ve bet enough. If this isn’t your day or you’ve already spent your original budget, take off and return on another day with a cool head.
- Just because a pokie features a massive jackpot doesn’t mean it is worth playing. Winning the grand prize is extremely hard, so watch out for games with additional bonuses and winning opportunities.
- Take into account the games’ RTP. The higher the RTP figure, the better your chances of winning in the long run (or losing less). Anything below 95% should be avoided.
- Lastly, volatility reflects how risky a game is. If you have A$20 for the casino, avoid high-variance games and play titles that pay out more often. Also, don’t bet over A$0.20 per spin to keep the fun going for longer.
Latest Dragon Link Pokies Winners
Players win at Dragon Link pokies at about 30% of the time based on the games’ average hit frequency. Having said this, big winners are scarce as is the case with most progressive jackpot games. These games will pay out the three smaller jackpots multiple times a day but the grand pot usually grows to over A$50,000 until it is won.
There is no public data on the biggest wins on Dragon Link pokies but we managed to find evidence of some truly big wins:
- Sheep Slots: Won A$1,132 on a A$2.5 stake playing Peacock Princess.
- Sheep Slots: Won A$500+ on a A$5 bet on the Autumn Moon pokie.
- SDGuy 1234: Won A$655 betting A$5 per spin on the Golden Century pokie.
- Aussie Slot Machine: Won A$200+ with a A$2.5 bet per spin on the Panda Magic game.
- Lady Luck HQ: Won A$2,250 with a A$125 stake playing the Genghis Khan pokie.
All data are taken from verifiable YouTube videos, streamed by players getting a payday from the Dragon Link pokies.
- About the Author
- Affiliate Disclosure
Michael has reviewed and verified all information on this page. Having worked in the iGaming industry for over 8 years, he is the most capable person to help you navigate online casinos, pokies, and the Australian gambling landscape.