Online casinos always strive to stay on top of technological developments to stand out from the competition. Aussie online casinos, in particular, have to be inventive in the payment solutions they offer users due to the restrictions placed by financial institutions.
With many Aussie banks and eWallets turning their back to the iGaming industry, players often resort to prepaid vouchers, crypto, and new eWallets that serve specifically this market. Thankfully, credit and debit cards are still widely available at online casinos and you can utilize them through Apple Pay at selected operators.
This guide explains how Apple Pay works for gambling and the best real money online casinos accepting instant payments by simply tapping on your screen.
Online Casinos Accepting Apple Pay in Australia
The complete list of Apple Pay online casinos Australia is provided above. You can learn more about each mobile casino by tapping on our reviews. Alternatively, you can click on the play now button to visit their online or mobile websites make a minimum casino deposit via your Apple wallet, and claim your bonus and free spins.
I have personally tested and verified each featured brand, so you can rest assured about their legitimacy and depth of gaming features. For more information on my rating process continue below.
Why Play Using Apple Pay at Casinos?
Apple Pay is a built-in solution to all iOS products, and most Australians employ it to make daily cashless transactions using face recognition or Touch ID. It is compatible with almost every device and it doesn’t even require download on OS version 10 or later.
Apple Pay supports flexible payment limits from as little as A$0.1 and all transactions go through instantly. There are no fees whatsoever and the mobile Wallet features the highest security protocols.
With nearly half of the Aussie population owning an iPhone or iOS device, it makes perfect sense to use the service for your online gambling activities.
Several players wrongly assume that Apple Pay online casinos are hard to find. The contrary is true since all online casinos we’ve listed double up as iOS mobile casinos via browser + support Apple Pay payments if you have registered an American Express, Visa, or Mastercard credit or debit card.
In fact, Apple Pay is the best way to transact with an iPhone online casino that might not directly accept the credit card of your choice.
The only reason to not play at Aussie Apple Pay casinos is their lack of withdrawal features. To cash out, you would have to select one of the casino’s supported withdrawal options like Bitcoin, Bank Transfer, or Debit Card payments.
How To Find The Best Apple Pay Casinos
When searching for an Apple Pay online casino you shouldn’t solely consider if it supports the payment solution. Of course, that’s the first criterion to even make it to our complete list of Apple Pay casinos in Australia.
The second most important aspect we explore is their mobile app or smartphone-compatible casino. Although most online casinos are instantly accessible through mobile Safari browsers, they should also be user-friendly and easy to navigate. All their casino bonuses should be accessible on mobile, and ideally also have some dedicated promos for users making an Apple Pay real money deposit.
The above are crucial to even be considered a real Apple Pay gambling site. Next, we verify their operating license and company searching for any complaints or scandals that would downgrade their reputation. Banking limits, withdrawal speed, fees, and customer support also play a major role in our Apple Pay casino rating process.
Lastly, we rate every Apple Pay mobile casino based on the games and features provided to Aussie players. Do they offer an extensive range of fun and independently tested online pokies and casino games? Is there a live casino for players looking for something different than reel spinning? How often do they add new games and do they ensure players can set deposit limits or seek help if they want to?
To create the list of Apple Pay online casinos we recommend we’ve carefully analyzed all these criteria. We can vouch for all the above operators being safe, transparent, legit, and a fun place to gamble online using Apple Pay.
Apple Pay Online Casino Deposits
The first step to making an Apple Pay casino deposit is to add your card to your iOS device. Apple Wallet is pre-installed on all OS 10 or later devices so there is no need for any downloads.
- Step 1: You can simply open your wallet and manually link your card or scan it through your camera. Before you can use it for online casino payments you must first confirm the link between your card and Apple Wallet through the banking app.
The above process can be completed on any iPhone, Mac, Apple Watch, or iPad.
- Step 2: Next, you should choose one of the online casinos in our list and register a new account.
This step might take a few minutes since you must source the Apple Pay online casino with your full name, address, email, and DOB to set up a new username and password.
- Step 3: To use Apple Pay you must visit the mobile casino version of the site or the option won’t even be listed. Visit the cashier, tap on Apple Pay, enter the amount you wish to deposit, and confirm the payment through Touch ID, passcode, or face recognition.
The money will be automatically transferred to your Apple Pay casino account, and the payment will be tracked by the app.
The same process can be employed to make payments through other banking methods. However, Apple Pay removes the need to register a card or download 3rd party eWallets to your iOS device.
Do Apple Pay Casinos Allow Withdrawals?
Apple Pay by nature is an app that can only be used to make payments. Since you cannot receive money to the mobile wallet, you will need to settle for an alternative casino withdrawal method.
There are a few things to do before you will be allowed to withdraw money from an Apple Pay online casino:
- Any casino deposits must be first wagered on the games. The standard wagering requirement is 1 – 3x, set by casinos to prevent money laundering activities. Users who have claimed Apple Pay casino bonuses will be required to wager their funds more times, usually between 20x and 40x, before they can withdraw the winnings.
- All Aussie online casinos conduct KYC checks to ensure you are eligible for their service and the information you entered during registration check out. To that end, before your first withdrawal, you will be asked to submit photo evidence showcasing your full name, address, and banking method.
- When those two steps are met, you can pick any of the withdrawal methods at the Apple Pay casino. The most obvious one would be to withdraw to the card you have linked to your Apple Wallet. If that’s not an option, Wire Transfers, Bitcoin, and eWallet withdrawals are supported by the operators we recommend.
- Select the option, enter your withdrawal amount, and submit the payment. The funds will take 24 hours to 5 business days to show in your bank account depending on the method you selected.
Payment Speed and Fees
Online casino deposits are always processed instantly and without any additional costs. The same principle applies to Apple Pay online casinos.
Withdrawal fees might apply to the banking option you selected, although these are usually incurred by the payment solution and not casinos.
Pros and Cons
|Instant and free payments||No withdrawals|
|Supports low deposit limits||It’s often not listed as an option when viewing the casino cashier on desktop|
|Extremely safe||Casinos rarely provide Apple Pay exclusive bonuses|
|Best mobile payment solution for iOS users||Non-Apple users cannot employ it|
|Saves time from linking your card with the casino||Gambling transactions are tracked by your bank|
|Available at several mobile casinos|
|Supports AUD casino payments|
|Can add several cards and seamlessly switch casino payment method|
Most of the Apple Pay casino pros and cons we’ve listed above comprise our guide so far. They should help you decide if this mobile payment solution is the best option you have for gambling online from home.
Personally, I prefer Apple Pay online casino deposits when playing pokies from my phone because my banking app requires payment authentication that often leads to the expiration of the casino deposit session. It’s extremely annoying and Apple Pay has been a lifesaver for me.
For withdrawals, I simply use my debit card and my winnings usually cover the original Apple Pay casino deposit costs.
About Apple Pay
Apple Pay was released by the Apple Corporation in 2014, as the first mobile wallet exclusive to mobile software. Google Pay, Amazon Pay, and others have followed suit since, but none with the same success.
The payment solution is featured on any new Apple device, including Apple Watch, iPad, iPhone, and Mac. Any Visa, Mastercard, American Express, or EFTPOS eligible card can be linked with the wallet to enable payments through touch, face, or passcode.
With payments mainly conducted cashless these days, Apple hit the jackpot and brought its customers an easy-to-integrate banking option that is safe, fast, and processes transactions with flexible limits.
Apple Pay is available in Australia, the US, the UK, and most other countries where Apple has a presence. Online casinos accepting debit or credit payments ensure they integrate the mobile eWallet for added convenience, and Aussie casinos have been pioneers in that regard.
Alternatives to Apple Pay Real Money Casinos
The most obvious alternatives to Apple Pay online casinos are Google Pay and Amazon Pay. Users of the respective software systems will have to settle for the above to conduct mobile casino payments with the same level of convenience.
For withdrawals or similar payment solutions to Apple Pay, consider the following Australian-friendly casino banking methods:
- PayID – this payment system is ideal for making casino deposits using your bank account without relying on your bank. However, it shares the same problem with Apple Pay in not supporting withdrawals.
- eWallets – most eWallets like PayPal, Skrill, and Neteller support online and mobile casino payments after you link your card. They also enable withdrawals and get an edge over Apple Pay in that regard. However, they charge hefty fees and are quite hard to find at Aussie online casinos.
- Prepaid cards – ideal for instant payments using cash at online casinos although withdrawals are not an option.
- Cards – using your credit or debit card at mobile casinos takes more time than making an Apple Pay deposit, but it is a great option for withdrawals. Whenever card casino withdrawals aren’t supported, Bank Transfers will.
- Crypto – if none of the above meets your needs, Aussie online casinos also support Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, etc., deposits and withdrawals. If you don’t mind using your stash, this option can be a solid alternative to Apple Pay online casinos.
- About the Author
- Affiliate Disclosure
Michael has reviewed and verified all information on this page. Having worked in the iGaming industry for over 8 years, he is the most capable person to help you navigate online casinos, pokies, and the Australian gambling landscape.