Mastercard Inc. has gone through several branding changes throughout the years but the value it brings to online casino players worldwide remains. Mastercard online casinos provide quick, safe, and reversible transactions helping gamblers facilitate their activities.
Online casinos in Australia are limited to a few payment options since companies like Visa have stopped supporting gambling payments. If you are not ready to jump on the eWallet or Crypto bandwagon, Mastercard remains one of the best services for online casino payments.
Continue below to learn more about Mastercard and how online casinos that accept it work Down Under.
About Mastercard Online Gambling
Mastercard first entered the financial market in 1958 but it wasn’t until 1961 that the company took off. Several stylistic changes have occurred up until 2019, leading to the current Mastercard Inc. brand based in New York. In 2022, the company’s turnover was 22.24 billion USD, second to only Visa by a small margin.
Most banks around the world support Mastercard-branded credit and debit cards. Customers can use the card associated with their personal or business account to deposit and withdraw money through ATMs and online. Making Mastercard payments online is extremely safe since the company provides the most advanced features to maintain privacy and security throughout the payment process. Transactions conducted without the user’s approval are protected through the Mastercard Zero Liability fraud protection, with the option to reverse unapproved payments to casinos and otherwise.
International and Aussie online casinos support Mastercard transactions, although some banks might block the payments. Since ACMA has been chasing down gambling sites Down Under, certain payment providers have been trying to help their cause. Nonetheless, Mastercard payments are still possible for the most part, although the same cannot be said for Visa gambling transactions.
Talks about a credit card online gambling ban might influence the current situation, as it happened in the UK recently, although it seems unlikely due to the lack of proper online casino regulations in Australia.
10 Best Mastercard Online Casinos in 2023
Understanding how Mastercard has reached its current market leader position is paramount. Online casinos feature several payment options, with Bitcoin being the primary method of online gambling in Australia. Having said this, the benefit of playing real money casino games via a regulated and safe payment method that ensures 100% protection is hard to beat. And Mastercard online casinos provide this and more benefits.
The list of Mastercard online casinos above isn’t complete. Pretty much all legit operators accept this payment option, but our team only recommends the crème-dela-crème. Use our links, make your first A$10 Mastercard minimum deposit, double your money through bonuses, grab free spins, and hit the virtual floor for some action!
Finding Legit AUD Mastercard Online Casinos
However, the huge range of Mastercard gambling sites supporting AUD payments makes the selection process more challenging.
You can always hit our links without reading further, knowing you are playing at a top Mastercard casino. However, the following list includes the main selection criteria we employed for transparency purposes:
- Banking terms: Accepting Mastercard payments isn’t the only aspect of a casino’s banking system. The processing speed, payment limits, fees, and security are central to our process. If their application to Mastercard casino deposits and withdrawals is fair, we tick this box.
- License and reputation: We only consider licensed online casinos for our Australian readers. Since the body enabling operators to accept players Down Under is Curacao, which is quite lenient, we dig deeper into their reputation, owner, and track record to decide if they are legit and safe.
- Bonuses: Several online casinos place restrictions on their bonuses for Mastercard users. We would never send you to a gambling site without a bonus or fewer opportunities. Availability aside, we check for a variety of Mastercard casino bonus codes spanning from no deposit offers, free spins, hefty welcome bonuses, and promos for existing users.
- Games: Making a deposit to discover a handful of games by a single provider would probably make you return to this page and start cursing us. To that end, we only recommend Mastercard gambling sites with 2000+ games from a range of tested and renowned providers like Pragmatic Play, NetEnt, Microgaming, Konami, Nolimit, and Evolution Gaming, among others.
- Other features: Top-notch customer service, user-friendly mobile casinos, player-first navigation, and a drive for improvement are other areas we consider during our assessment of Mastercard online casinos for Australian players.
Of course, finding an operator that excels in each of the above areas is impossible, but our recommended brands come close!
How to Deposit at a Mastercard Casino
Any Australian citizen with a registered bank account can request a Mastercard. Citibank, The Bank of Queensland, Bendigo Bank, Aussie, and Auswide Bank are just a few of the Australian banks issuing Mastercard debit and credit cards. Additional financial institutions that issue Mastercards can be located on their official website, along with their contact details.
If you have a Mastercard or just requested it, here are the next steps to deposit at an online casino:
- Select one of the listed Mastercard online casinos and sign up. The details you must enter at this stage must match your card’s information and include your full name, address, DOB, email, etc.
- As soon as you are in, visit the cashier section, select Mastercard from the payments list, enter your deposit amount, and tap to continue. The limits placed by casinos tend to range from A$10 to A$2,500 per transaction.
- To register a new Mastercard with the online casino you must enter the card holder’s name, your card number, CVV, and expiry date. For future transactions, you will be asked for the CVV and deposit amount only.
- Confirm the payment and the money should show in your account in less than 10 seconds. If your Mastercard app has the verification feature activated, you might need to log in to confirm the transaction through your phone or email.
You can now hit the lobby with the transferred funds and any bonus you claimed.
How to Withdraw using Mastercard at Casino
Players who have cleared any bonus playthrough or software wagering requirements are one step closer to cashing out real money. Other aspects to keep in mind include account verification. Mastercard online casinos require all their registered members to upload documents showcasing their ID, bank account ownership, and address per KYC rules. This process must be completed once only.
- If you have ticked the above boxes, tap on the Mastercard casino cashier page, and then withdrawals.
- Select Mastercard from the available options, enter the amount you wish to withdraw, and confirm. The typical limits range from A$25 to A$2,500 per request. Unless Mastercard wasn’t your deposit method, the details will be saved by the casino saving you the time from re-typing the CVV, codes, expiry dates, etc.
- When your request is submitted, an automatic email will be sent to you displaying the next steps. Before any funds are sent through, Mastercard casinos process all details to ensure the user has satisfied all areas. The above is completed within 48 hours, and then you’ll get another email confirming that the money is on the way. Provide an additional 48 hours for them to appear in your bank account.
Mastercard Gambling Fees and Processing Times
When using a Mastercard debit card for online gambling payments you’ll never be subjected to fees. The same cannot be said for Mastercard credit cards, since some operators treat this method as a cash advance, which is subject to a 3 – 5% fee. I’ve never had to pay a fee for using my Mastercard at an online casino but it’s good to keep this in mind.
In terms of speed, Mastercard online casinos support instant deposits, and withdrawals usually take up to 72 hours to show up in your bank account. What can cause further delays is the casinos’ processing times. The operators we recommend usually process all withdrawal requests within 24 hours but can take up to three days.
Worst case scenario, Mastercard withdrawal can take up to 5 business days.
Problems With Online Casinos Accepting Mastercard in Australia
Online casinos accept players from more than a single jurisdiction and therefore feature banking options accepted worldwide. Mastercard fits this category, which explains why it is such a widespread casino gambling method.
Having said this, each country has a unique approach to online gambling. Wherever gambling is regulated and legal, banks support casino payments. In areas like Australia, it is a gamble really. We recommend checking with your bank whether they support Mastercard casino deposits, although, for the most part, they do.
The same cannot be said for Visa, which has decided to opt out of online gambling services in Australia. They did this to support the country’s effort to block Aussie online casinos from operating.
Mastercard Pros & Cons for Online Gambling
|Mastercard Casino Pros||Mastercard Casino Cons|
|Extremely secure||Cards expire and need to be updated every three years|
|Very fast payments after the first deposit||Mastercard credit might result in fees|
|Supports both deposits and withdrawals||Some banks won’t process casino payments|
|Still available at Aussie casinos||Withdrawals take longer than eWallet payments|
|Flexible payment limits||Some bonuses might be restricted|
|Almost all legit casinos accept Mastercard payments||Bank can track your gambling spending|
|Way faster and more cost-effective for withdrawals than Wire Transfer||Sharing valuable personal information with 3rd parties|
Types of Mastercard Online Casinos
The above guide should have sourced you with everything you need to start playing at Mastercard online casinos. The following sections can optimize your search further, illustrating the best Mastercard casinos for different gambling types.
Low Deposit Casinos
Mastercard minimum deposit online casinos reflect a category of operators supporting low payment thresholds. The average casino deposit minimum in Australia is A$25, however, we’ve identified credit and debit card gambling sites with the following limits:
- No minimum deposit casinos
- A$1 deposit casinos
- A$5 deposit casinos
- A$20 deposit online casinos with 200% match + bonuses
No Deposit Bonus Casinos
There is no better way to trial a Mastercard online casino than using no deposit bonus codes. These offers are provided when you sign up and let you try the service before you buy. Withdrawing a no deposit bonus to your Mastercard is possible after meeting the wagering requirements. The most common free pokies bonuses at gambling sites include:
Instant Withdrawal Casinos
Although Mastercard doesn’t support instant withdrawals, finding an online casino with fast or instant payment processing times can make a huge difference.
Imagine winning A$10,000 and having a max cash-out limit per transaction set at A$500 with a processing time of 5 days per request. You would most likely end up playing the whole win due to a lack of patience.
That’s why all online casinos we’ve listed below double up as fast payout casinos.
Live Dealer Casinos
Pretty much any casino in Australia hosts pokies, jackpot games, keno, table games, and video poker. What’s not so common is a live dealer casino where you get to interact with real hosts and other players as the action unfolds.
We took our search a step further to match you with live dealer online casinos supporting Mastercard payments:
Evolution, Ezugi, Vivo, Pragmatic Live, Lucky Streak, and Realistic are just a few of the studios featured at the above live casinos.
Who said that you cannot make a Mastercard deposit to play online casino games and have the occasional sports bet when you feel right about it?
Mastercard Casino Alternatives in Australia
Visa, American Express, UnionPay, STAR, and Pulse are a few other credit and debit cards that work similarly to Mastercard. However, online casinos rarely accept these brands, except for Visa. But in Australia, the only alternative for gambling to Mastercard is Maestro.
Elsewhere, players can use some of the following banking methods if they don’t own a Mastercard or their transactions get rejected:
- PayID – ideal for free and safe gambling payments using your bank account.
- eWallets (PayPal, Skrill, Neteller, eZeeWallet, etc.) – these options allow users to maintain their bank and card information private while still seamlessly transferring money online.
- Cryptocurrency – great for superior bonuses and fast, private gambling payments.
- Prepaid cards (Neosurf, Ukash, Paysafecard, etc.) – a convenient way to fund your online casino account without sharing your bank details or overspending.
Our Top Pick
Wazamba is my personal favourite Mastercard casino site in Australia. Users can grab a welcome bonus and free spins across their first three deposits to play 7000+ pokies, table games, and live dealer games; or bet on sports using their sportsbook odds and promo deals. Players can deposit and withdraw through Mastercard from A$10+, and if you follow our review steps you can get started with a A$10 free play bonus.
If Wazamba doesn’t click for you, I’ve listed 9 other online casinos supporting Mastercard payments on this page. They are all legit and safe, use our links and you will be playing in no time!
- About the Author
- Affiliate Disclosure
Michael has reviewed and verified all information on this page. Having worked in the iGaming industry for over 8 years, he is the most capable person to help you navigate online casinos, pokies, and the Australian gambling landscape.