Online Casino VIP Bonus & Top Programs in 2023
VIP and loyalty rewards were always associated with the richest and most exclusive members of society, a connotation still apparent in land-based casino; where players can only enter the room for wagering very high amounts or participating in a poker tournament with a huge prize entry.
Online casinos treat the concept of VIP very differently, more like it is employed in our daily lives. If you visit a place a lot, spending at least some money for the products on offer, you will be awarded and treated differently than the rest. That’s what we will be discussing here today, as VIP schemes and loyalty points programs are very prevalent in today’s online casino world.
Best 10 VIP Casinos in Australia
At Pokies Bet, we do our dues and review all online casinos that our players have access to, providing in-depth reviews that cover every single aspect. The VIP scheme is one major factor that we consider, which is why we are the most qualified to lead you towards the most suited platforms for VIPs:
- 7 lucrative VIP levels and CPs for cash are up for play at Casino Rocket.
- To the moon and back with VIP program over at Casino Moons, which also features exclusive tournaments.
- Exclusive prizes, such as a fancy Rolex, await VIP players at Spartan Slots.
- With fancy names themed around the planetary system, Supernova offers some decent prizes and a CPs scheme for VIP punters.
- Tangiers Casino offers a tiered VIP scheme with exclusive reload and cashback bonuses for its VIP members.
- Cash exchange, deposit match, free spins no deposit and cashback offers become better and better across the six tiers at Lucky Tiger Casino.
- Ozwin has one of the most rewarding loyalty clubs, with six tiers and exclusive perks for all VIP players.
- BitStarz is a very busy online casino, so VIP players are invited after they have wagered enough money, to enjoy some of the most exclusive crypto bonuses and freebies.
- Weekly deposit bonuses of over 200%, 20% cashback offers, amongst others, are on offer for VIP rollers at Cobra Casino!
- Unlimited withdrawal requests and limits, CPs for perks and other advantages are enjoyed by the VIP players of Robin Roo.
What is a VIP Casino Bonus Program?
VIP program and loyalty schemes are the same thing, with casinos separating them in two different tabs for no reason. How do they work?
The player is paramount to the online casinos, as this the only way they create revenue and keep their business going. More often than not, players lose at casinos, so there are bonuses that motivate them to try their luck one more time, and so on.
The VIP program is the best of these promos, as it is always ongoing. Players wager money on the games they fancy, and as they do, they gather loyalty points. When a certain amount of loyalty points is accumulated, the VIP status of the user will increase, with often a reward being given for free.
Further, the loyalty points can also be exchanged for cash, at a rate of 100 points for $1 in most cases. On the other hand, players earn one loyalty point by wagering an average of $10 on casino games. Nevertheless, not all VIP programs operate in the same fashion.
Some online casinos run programs that offer pretty much same rewards, indifferently to the VIP level. However, the player has to exchange CPs (loyalty points) for the prizes, which are earned from wagering more and more on selected games. The most common prizes here are match deposit bonuses, free chips, free spins, tournament entries or fee free withdrawals.
Other sites run more comprehensive VIP programs, where players progress by gathering a substantial amount of points as they are slowly reaching the top. It takes quite a while to pass through the VIP levels in full, with the rewards often starting with 10 free spins, then moving to 200 free spins, cash prizes, bigger sums of cash up to even cars or $100,000 rewards.
Besides the achievement rewards, players who carry a higher VIP level will also enjoy a range of other benefits, such as a dedicated VIP manager, faster withdrawals, higher payout limits, customized reload bonuses and more, always depending on the online casino.
*It is important to note that the best VIP casinos run a combination of the above two types of loyalty rewards.
Should you be a Casino VIP Player?
One of the only online casino bonuses that does not hurt you in any way is the CP scheme and the VIP program. If you are a true gambler, you would wager at an online casino anyway, so the VIP perks are just an added benefit.
If you are a regular gambler, then I undoubtedly suggest that you stick with a single online casino, instead of shopping around welcome bonuses. The latter come with high wagering requirements and very specific terms, unlike the rewards that are aimed to VIP players; these are very loose when it comes to wagering requirements, often carrying 3 – 10x or none, with no maximum win limits or limited game selection.
On the Road to Becoming a VIP Gambler
Becoming a VIP player is pretty easy, as it will be done automatically in most cases. In the past, online casinos followed the traditional approach, only inviting the highest paying players through email.
Back in the day, players were spotted after wagering $500 a month for a while, where a casino manager would continually award them exclusive prizes to ‘help’ them deposit more and more funds. Eventually, these players would be invited into the VIP casino family for the same reason.
Players spending between $2,500 – $5,000 for two straight months would then be invited to the VIP club of the casino, while a single month of over $5,000 in deposits would instantly qualify them. This approach is a bit outdated, followed by very few online casinos today.
Some other platforms will treat all their players as VIPs, only accepting registration through reference or after reviewing your ‘proposal’ (application).
No need to worry though, since as we said, in the vast majority of platforms in 2023, you will enter the VIP club right after your sign up and first deposit. Still, rewards will take a while to come, as the first VIP level does not mean anything.
VIP Bonuses at Online Casinos
With so many VIP casino programs around, we are pretty much certain that the list of the below rewards will be offered as a whole, or in part, by any online casino with a loyalty scheme that you join:
- Free Spins – are usually the rewards for completing the first four VIP levels.
- Faster Withdrawals – become available after you reach the 3rd level of the scheme in most cases.
- Reload Bonuses – most online casinos offer a reload bonus in the form of free spins or match bonus weekly; well, VIP players can often get better value or more promotions per week for them only.
- Cash Rewards – follow next, increasing as you reach a higher level.
- Exclusive Manager – will reach out to you usually when you reach level 5 or 6. They don’t make any huge difference, but you can contact them instead of the live chat if you face any issue.
- Cashback – alongside the cash rewards and the free spins, players qualify for better cashback promotions, usually available once a week, as they progress. Often, casinos will allow VIP cashback starting at 2% up to a whooping 20% for the highest level.
- VIP Tournaments – although most tournaments are available to all players at a casino for free or a small fee, the VIP tourneys are much more lucrative with starting pots at $1,000 and more.
- Exclusive Prizes – the best VIP schemes will have a very exclusive prize when you reach the highest VIP level. These can include fancy cars, expensive trips, royal watches etc. Smallest casinos will award $5,000 – $10,000 as a one time reward for reaching the top VIP rank.
Keep in mind that the above description usually involves casinos that offer a VIP scheme with 5 – 10 levels. Some casinos offer the standard Bronze, Silver and Gold VIP program, that does not involve cash rewards, free spins or exclusive prizes – but it indeed covers the rest.
Pros of Carrying the Status of the VIP Casino Player
As you can see, there are mainly benefits related to the existence of VIP programs, with the only negative aspect being that they can lead to compulsive gambling, as they create a sense of urgency. This is why the UKGC has also banned VIP schemes in the UK, allowing only loyalty schemes. Nevertheless, I believe that the benefits when it comes to real money casino players are overwhelming:
- No requirement become a VIP member
- Rewards are claimed automatically
- Most of the perks just improve the overall casino experience through services
- Additional play time at no further cost
- Huge prizes are available at some VIP programs
- Access to very lucrative tournaments
- Can win big from the rewards thanks to the very limited Ts & Cs
Still, it is important that you read the bonus terms and conditions part prior to joining a VIP casino, as some appear better than the actually are.
How do Casino Loyalty Points Work?
After you become a VIP member of an online casino, wagering on games will get you points. These points are the key to getting to the next VIP level, but they can also be exchanged for gifts or cash.
Usually, $10 – $15 real money bets will get you 1 loyalty point. Each VIP level will often require you to gather 100 CPs (for lowest levels) to 250,000 CPs. However, the points can also be used in the reversed fashion, where you can exchange them for cash, free spins, a lucky spin on a wheel of fortune type of game, doubling the rate that you acquire CPs or even merchandise or dinners. To get $1, most casinos will take 50 – 100 CPs from you.
Thus, the VIP levels and rewards are not the only benefit of accumulating loyalty points, although the regulations surrounding this promotional scheme vary a lot from casino site to casino site. Read the fine print prior to registering, while keep a note that casino games often award CPs at a lower rate than slot machines.
Selecting the Best Online Casino VIP Programs
Now that you are aware of the way that VIP and comp points schemes operate at casinos, you should feel ready to pick the right one. Before we close this VIP casino guide, let us share a few notes on the important stuff to do prior to joining a premium online casino:
- Do not get impressed and forget to check the licensing info, safety, payment methods and games available.
- Compare the VIP scheme of one casino with another, so that you have a reference point of what the best schemes offer.
- If you are a high roller, only join a VIP casino that has a top prize that really matters to you. If you already got a Ferrari, don’t join a casino offering one.
- The Ts & Cs are paramount to read, as one VIP scheme that looks identical to another might be worlds apart. For instance, one site could give twice the value of cash for the same amount of loyalty points etc.
- And at the end of the day, don’t fall pray to the masterful design of the VIP schemes and spend more money that you can afford. Always gamble responsibly.
- About the Author
- Affiliate Disclosure
Michael has reviewed and verified all information on this page. Having worked in the iGaming industry for over 8 years, he is the most capable person to help you navigate online casinos, pokies, and the Australian gambling landscape.