Play Craps for Real Money in Australia
Craps is the most iconic game you can play at a land based or an online casino. In Australia, it is much easier to play online in 2021, thanks to the huge range of options.
Due to its complicated structure, craps for real money tend to be neglected by many punters – although they offer the best odds you can find. At certain bets, the house edge for online craps can be as low as 0%.
Therefore, we created this page, helping new players learn how to play online craps, while also providing all Australian players with the the best online casinos for craps in 2021.
🏆 Best Craps Casinos Australia 2021
+ 50 FREE spins
* Coupon code: 300-WELCOME
Coupon code: RS15
First off, we begin by outlining the best online craps sites in Australia, as those that are already professional players do not need to read many of the sections on this page. How do we select the best online craps casino sites?
We have teamed up a group of experts in the development of the best casino games, working side by side with new and professional players. We strived to find the best people for this job, but now, we ask them to join different casino sites, register, deposit and play different casino games – as any of you would do. Then, we collect their testimonies and data to rank all the online casino sites in Australia against the following factors:
- Legal status, transparency & safety
- Payment methods & withdrawal times
- Customer support
- Site features and design
- Welcome bonuses & promotions for existing players
- Casino games library and live casino games
We also consider other players reviews and feedback, to then establish our charts. If you have played casino games before, it is very likely that you will recognise some of the names amongst our listed casinos.
How to Play Free Dice Games
As all other online casino games in 2021, Australian punters can also play craps for free if they act smartly. So, if you pick one of the listed online craps casinos, you will be met with three possible ways to play free craps.
Craps welcome bonus
The first way is not completely free, but it can also pay-out real money. If you register and deposit on one of our casino sites, then you can get even 500$ free bet bonus to use on craps. There, you can play craps with the free bonus money and hope to win some real money.
All the casinos on this page allow players to play craps online in a demo version. What does this mean? You will be given the opportunity to play craps game with ‘play money’ for as long as you like. This means that you can practice your craps skills on the casino games table for free.
Craps no deposit bonus
This welcome bonus is not available on all our casinos. Nonetheless, some sites feature a no deposit bonus, which allows players to claim some free money – with the only precondition being to register on the site. If you are lucky and you win on the craps table game with your no deposit bonus, you can as well make some real money.
Getting Started with Craps
Now, let us guide you through on how to register at an online casino to start playing real money craps.
Select one of the listed casinos on this page and tap on it
When the online casino loads, click on the register button
Enter your personal details and confirm your new account through the link sent to your email address
Then, sign into the casino and click on the deposit button
Enter your card details and key in the desired amount
At this point, you are set to go. To start playing free craps, you will need to pick one of the welcome bonuses mentioned above. Nonetheless, if you are planning to start off on real money craps table games, then keep reading below.
Basic Craps Rules
After you have visited the live casino or the casino tab, you will come face to face with a few craps’ tables. Before you tap on the one that you like the most, check the golden dice rules below:
- On each dice game, there are two dice used with each one carrying six numbers. The sum of each shot is calculated through the sum of both dice.
- Buying credits on a craps online casino table is not hard, but it is a precondition to place your bets. Here, you will need to exchange an amount of your available funds for betting chips; these will be used to bet during each round.
- If you are playing on a video craps table, then everything happens automatically. Nonetheless, if you are playing online craps on a live casino table, it is important that you know that there are live dealers and personnel apparent. The ‘boxman’ watches the table, the stickman uses a hooked stick to push the dice around the table, while the dealers give players chips, move the wagers on the table and pay out the winnings.
- To bet at a craps table online, you will need to move the chips to the area that signifies the bets that you desire to place (more on this below). This will need to be performed on each round.
- All online craps casinos offer a variety of tables, catering to different types of punters. Make sure to check the betting limits on each before you even start playing. This will help you remain within your personal limits.
- The shooter is not apparent in video craps online, as everything happens based on a random number generator. Nonetheless, when playing craps at a live casino, there is also a shooter next to the table.
How to play Dice for Real Money
Craps is an intimidating game at first and therefore most new casino players avoid it. We will try to help you learn how to play craps here, by explaining everything as simply as possible.
The craps table looks complicated, as it features all the betting options that players can employ. A good note to keep in mind is that the outside bets have better odds than the inside bets. To place a wager, players must bet directly on the online casino table they are playing. The available bets are:
Pass line – this is the easiest to grasp bet along with the do not pass bets. The chips are placed on the ‘Pass Line’ area, before the come-out roll, which is the roll that will initiate the game. With this bet, the player wins when the roll displays number 7 or 11 (called natural) and loses when 2, 3 or 12 come up. All other numbers are called your ‘point’. If your point comes out again before a shooter rolls out a 7, then you win. Players lose if number 7 comes out before your point.
Don’t pass bets – this bet is exactly the opposite to the above bet, and you can place it by adding your chips on the ‘Don’t Pass’ area. If a natural (7 or 11) forms on the come-out roll, then you lose – and you win if ‘craps’ comes out (2 or 3). If the shooter hits 12, then this is called a ‘push’ and none wins or loses. All the other numbers become your ‘point’ here again, but in this case, players win if 7 comes before your ‘point’ and vice versa.
Come bets – to place a come bet, you will need to move your chips to the come section of the table. These are identical to the pass line bets, but they are placed after the come-out roll.
Don’t come bets – in contrast to the come bets, these represent the same numbers as the don’t pass bets; however, like the above type of bet, the wager has to be placed after the come-out roll.
Place Bets – this betting category is placed on numbers 4, 5, 6, 8, 9 and 10 at any point after the come-out roll. If your number hits before number 7, you win.
The field – this is the most popular bet amongst beginners of craps, as it is straightforward and offers a good pay out. In this bet you place your wager on a single roll. The player wins 1:1 payout on 3, 4, 9, 10 and 11 – but loses on 5, 6, 7, and 8. If 2 comes out the payout is 2:1 and if 12 comes out you win 3:1.
Knowing this basic betting options in craps will help you to start playing at a land based or an online casino. Still, this table has a wider variety of different bets that you need to know.
Craps Odds and Bets
We have prepared a list for you with all the available craps bets (including some more complicated than the ones above), but also included the house edge of each, so you can guide your gameplay:
- Pass bets & come bets: this bet pays 1:1 and the house edge stand at 1.41%.
- Don’t pass bets and don’t Come bets: this bet pays 1:1 and the house edge stand at 1.36%.
- Place bets: the house is 1.52% for 6 and 8, 4% for 5 or 9 and 6.67% for 4 or 10. The payout here stands at 7:6.
- The field: house edge here is 5,56% or 2.78% depending on the numbers you bet on. Winners are paid 1:1, except in the cases that we mentioned in the above section.
- Free odds/lay odds: the house edge with this bet is 0%, which is signified by the term ‘free’ on its name. However, it can only be placed after you have first performed a pass or come bet. Then, you can bet on any number to come out and it pays true odds. For example, if your point number is 8 or 6, the winning free odds bet will pay out 6:5.
- Buy bets: the house edge here is 4.76%, and the pay-out stands at 2:1.
- Hardways: house edge stands at 9.09% on six and eight, while at 11.11% for four or ten. This bet means that both dice show the same number.
- 2 or 12: the house edge in this one roll bet is 13.89%. If players bet on 2, then the next roll must show 2 and same goes for 12. The pay out here is 30:1.
- 3 or 11: winners are paid 15:1, with a house edge standing at 11.11%. The idea here is the same as above.
- Any 7: the house edge is 16.67% and the winner is paid 4:1
- Any craps: the house edge stands at 11.11%, while the winning players are paid 7:1.
- Hop bets: the house edge is 13.89% or 11.11% and the winners are paid 30:1 and 15:1, respectively.
Online Craps Winning Strategy
Having gone through all the possible bets, the rules, and the odds available on craps casinos, it is evident that craps is one of the games that requires strategic play. Some games are very limited in terms of betting options, making it hard to benefit by using some advanced strategies, but craps are not in this casino games category.
If you have been reading carefully so far, you might have realised yourself which is the best craps strategy. If not, you do not need to worry.
First, you will need to wager the table minimums at don’t pass and don’t come betting options. Remember that the house edge here is only 1.41%. But, by performing this move, you unlock the free odds bets, which are the only table game wager with 0% house edge. This is the point to place the maximum bet that you desire and hope for the best.
Nevertheless, keep in mind that by placing a combination of bets you could end up depleting your bankroll fast if you are not lucky in the first rounds.
* With EXTRA 20% for Neosurf and BTC deposits
+100 FREE Spins
* New customers only. 100% match bonus based
Use code: 10FREE
* New players only.
Best Craps Variants in Australia for 2021
Now, we will be briefly going through the most popular online craps games that you are likely to find at a casino. The rules, odds, and the pay outs that we mentioned above are applicable to the classic craps games, which is referred to as bank craps. For each of the craps variants below, you will need to read the individual rules that apply before you play. These can be found on the icon of the game if you click on the information area.
In this paradoxical game there is no don’t pass bet, while the pass bet is different – removing 11 from the winner numbers. The house edge in this variant is about 5x higher compared to classic craps.
High point craps
This variant changes the come out roll, by ignoring 2 or 3 when they hit, while winning with an 11 or 12. It is a much better variant compared to the above, but it also has a higher house edge compared to traditional craps.
This game could as well not be called craps all-together. The bets are gone completely, and players can bet on single numbers. 2, 3, 4, 10, 11 and 12 are the winning ones, while the rest result in a loss. It might seem alright at first glance, but it does not take a genius to realise that the losing numbers come out more often due to the dice possible combinations.
All of the above popular variants can be found on most online craps sites on our list, as well as land-based casinos. Keep reading if you are wondering whether you should play them on a physical casino, at an online casino or a live casino.
Why Play Craps at an Online Casino?
Land based casino halls are the worst place to play craps in 2021, as they are very inconvenient when it comes to reaching them, packed and with usually very high house edge on their table games. Not to mention that online casinos are more regulated and therefore better to play in terms of fairness.
Thus, the actual dilemma is whether to play craps at an online casino or a live casino. The latter is ideal for those who like to get the real feel of the casino, while staying within their homes. Also, live casino tables are a perfect match for high rollers since the minimum bets tend to start at 5$.
On the other hand, you can play real money craps from as low as 1$ at an online craps table. This option also takes place much faster, especially when it comes to craps – which is a game involving many different actions during each round. Players are instantly awarded their money and the next round will roll; while players do not have to exit the table to take a break whenever they feel like it.
Therefore, we believe that amongst the distinct craps options, the live casino is better for high rollers, while the online casino is ideal for people who want a fast, but effective craps experience.
+ 50 FREE spins
* Coupon code: 300-WELCOME
* New customers only. 100% match bonus based
Our Verdict on this Casino Table Game
Throughout this page, we have done our best to offer a clear idea to beginners of craps and how to play this casino game; also, the amazing online craps sites listed here are ideal for any type of players.
You might have understood that we are in favour of the original craps game, as it carries the best winning odds for the players. Still, the last word remains with you, but we hope that you at least employ the craps strategy that we outlined to increase your winning chances. Ah, and do not forget to claim the casino bonuses, as they could make all the difference in the world! These tend to be for online pokie games mostly, but our craps casinos offer dedicated bonuses for your favourite game too!