- Dynamic 243 ways to win Gameplay
- Above Average RTP and High Volatility
- Various Bonus Features
- Spectacular Sound Effects
- 2,000x Max Win Only
- Huge Bankroll Required to Trigger All Bonus Features
Asgard is a 2016 pokies release by RealTime Gaming, remaining one of their most popular slots to date. With an average RTP for casino games at 96% and a high volatility, players can win up to 2,000x their bet. Start playing Asgard with $0.30 – $7.50 per spin and see Loki, Thor and other Norse symbols jumping around the five reels and three rows. Winning combinations are formed in a 243 ways to win format, with wilds, scatters and four free spins features complementing the gameplay.
Theme & Design
The five reels and three rows apparent in Asgard slot are a deep dark colour, set against a 3D image of the Universe, coloured by the moonlight. The symbols are all related to Norse Gods, with Thor, Loki, Mjolnir, Valhalla and their parents being the high paying symbols. The classic card symbols, 9 – A, are the low paying symbols in Asgard, coloured in a silver colour. All symbols are 2D, as RTG seems to have preferred a more classic outlook.
Wild and Bonus symbols are represented in hieroglyphics, which would be tiring if the gameplay of the slot was slow-paced. But because Asgard is such a fast-paced and dynamic 243 ways to slot game, the overall feeling that players get from playing it is solid.
Probably the best aspect of this slot are the sound effects. As you spin the reels, you will hear metallic sounds, like a sword battle is under way. When you land a win, battle cries are heard, which pretty much align with the feeling of the player perfectly.
How to Play Asgard Slot
Asgard is a relatively easy slot to play, although newbies might take a while to understand how wins are formed, due to the original 243 ways to win gameplay.
First off, there are no paylines to set. Therefore, you only need to set the bet level per spin, using the (-) and (+) controls. The total bet per spin ranges from $0.30 – $7.50 per spin.
Then, you can set the speed of each round using the 2x Play buttons. To start the game, you must use the Play button or the Autoplay, which will spin the reels for a predetermined amount of times.
During each round, players must match a minimum of 3 identical symbols on adjacent reels, starting from the left.
All wins are calculated according to the paytable and multiple wins during the same spin are added together automatically.
Asgard Bonus Features
If you want to play Asgard and be completely aware of how the game operates, you must understand the free spins features and the special features that can skyrocket your balance.
- Golden Wild – this symbol substitutes for all other symbols except the scatter, operating as a joker symbol. On top of that, it can appear anywhere on the reels during both the base and the bonus game, multiplying all wins by 2x when it is part of a winning combination.
- Thunderbolt Feature – this is another feature of the base game, which can be triggered at random during any spin on Asgard. When it is triggered, 1 – 5 reels can turn fully wild!
Free Games Feature
3 or more scatter symbols unlock four different features, which can be accessed after the feature has been triggered enough times. If you only land two scatters, you will receive a compensation prize, which is not bad either.
- Goddess Feature: between 1st – 5th trigger, players unlock 15 free spins with a 3x multiplier.
- Loki’s Magic: triggers 6th – 10th will unlock 20 free spins with a normal wild apparent on reel 3. Further wilds can appear on all reels, replacing all symbols except the Golden Wild and the Scatters. Additional scatters reward bonus spins during this feature.
- Thunder God Feature: from 11th trigger onwards to 14th, players receive 25 free spins with wild multipliers. During any winning spin, wild multipliers of 2x and 3x will replace random symbols to increase the total payout. The best part is that if the multiplier wilds replace a golden wild, the total wins will be multiplied by 4x or 6x. Additional scatters trigger additional free spins in this Asgard feature.
- Valhalla Feature: 15th trigger and after, players receive 30 free spins with morphing symbols. Here, each win results in the winning symbols to disappear, allowing new symbols to land without any extra paid spin. After each successive win during the top Asgard bonus feature will carry a multiplier of 2x – 5x. Extra scatters unlock 8 free games more.
Stats & Mechanics of this Slots Game
We rarely see RealTime breaking away from the standard gameplay, so it is a really positive surprise that the provider developed Asgard with 243 ways to win play. The bets per spin are really inclusive, which is another positive change for RTG.
Asgard has a 96% RTP which is just average and a high volatility which suggests that wins are lucrative but less often. Generally, the payouts are decent during both the base and the bonus game, which means that you won’t have to wait long to feel the rush of the slot machine. Still, to trigger all bonus games you might have to wait quite some time.
The first negative aspect of Asgard is that it feels a lot like a copy of Microgaming’s Immortal Romance and Thunderstruck slots; since all carry a 243 ways to win and progressive bonus features, just like Asgard slot. And secondly, RTG has limited the maximum win per spin at 2,000x the player’s bet, which is relatively low.
|Return to Player (RTP)||96%|
|Bet Levels||$0.30 – $7.50 per spin|
|Gameplay||5×3 reels and 243 ways to win|
|Max Win||2,000x bet|
|Features||Wild, Multiplier Wild, Scatters, Thunderbolt Feature, Free Games, Goddess Feature, Loki’s Magic, Thunder God Feature, Valhalla Feature.|
|Provider||RealTime Gaming, released in 2016|
|Related Games||Bubble Bubble, IC Wins, Cash Bandits, Megasaur, Shopping Spree 2, Aztec Millions, Cleopatras Gold Jackpot.|
|Theme||Norse Mythology, Gods, Loki, Thor.|
Asgard vs Asgard Deluxe Slot
Due to the popularity of the original Asgard online slot release, RTG followed up with Asgard Deluxe shortly after. The sequel has impeccable 3D graphics and high volatility as the original game. The gameplay and bet levels of the sequel are identical to the original slot, as the maximum win of 2,000x the bet.
The difference here is that players can pick between the four features, rather progress to them. These playout in a similar fashion as in Asgard but the Asgard Deluxe slot also has a progressive jackpot that seeds at $100. It can be won at random anytime during the base game, increase through a 1.5% contribution per spin. This means that the RTP of Asgard Deluxe is a bit lower than the Asgard slot, but the progressive jackpot does indeed compensate for that.
If you are more into advanced graphics and cannot wait to trigger all the different features of the original Asgard, we suggest that you stick the latter. If, on the other hand, prefer more often payouts and higher values during the base game, then Asgard might be the best of the two games for you.
Asgard is a highly volatile slot, which means that wins are less often but higher than standard slot games.
No, the original Asgard slot by RTG does not have a progressive jackpot. However, the Asgard Deluxe sequel has a progressive jackpot that can be won during any spin at random, starting at $100.
Asgard has a 95% RTP.
All Australian best online casinos that are licensed through Curacao tend to host RTG games, and therefore Asgard slots. The game is playable on pokies apps, on smartphones, online or in download version.
- About the Author
- Affiliate Disclosure
Michael has reviewed and verified all information on this page. Having worked in the iGaming industry for over 8 years, he is the most capable person to help you navigate online casinos, pokies, and the Australian gambling landscape.