Best Progressive Jackpot Networks in 2021
Online pokies are the most popular games at any online casino. It has been obvious since casino games were only available in land based casinos, where players chose to play pokies machines much more often when compared to table games and card games.
Online casino sites, like land based casinos, offer the full range of games options, but again players choose to play pokies online in a much larger extend than all other games combined.
Nevertheless, there is one category amongst pokies which is being preferred at online casinos – the progressive jackpot pokies. Keep reading below to learn more about this online casino niche and the different progressive jackpot types.
🏆 Best Progressive Jackpot Sites in Australia
Players who are after jackpots should be much more careful when it comes to picking an online casino to join. This is because new casino sites or smaller casino brands do not offer high jackpots, as they might not be able to cover the full amount if a player wins the jackpot prize. Therefore, you should always refer to our site when looking for the best online casinos to play progressive jackpot games. We consider a combination of different factors when adding each casino on our charts. Below, you can see in detail the most important criteria that we consider when building our progressive jackpots casino list:
Players base – progressive jackpots are not very rewarding, unless many players bet on them. This is how the money pool increases, so it would be a waste of resources and time if you play progressive jackpot games at online casinos with just a few players.
Reputation – it is no secret that online casinos build their reputation based on the jackpots and prizes they reward. It is wise to join an online casino that has previously rewarded some life changing jackpots. Also, rogue or uknown casino sites often add Terms & Conditions that restrict jackpot payouts with certain weekly/monthly/yearly withdrawal limits.
Games library – there are various progressive slot games available, but not all of them are equally rewarding. Before you deposit real money and spin for the chance to win a pokies jackpot amount, ensure that the odds of winning are within reach. To determine the above, use criteria such as the RTP, volatility, variance, bet levels, and the jackpot network as a whole.
These factors are some of the basic things we consider when ranking jackpots casinos, but of course we also consider the legal status, bonuses and other areas that contribute to establish the best online casinos in Australia for 2021.
What are Progressive Jackpots?
Now that you know the best sites to win jackpots, it is important to understand what progressive pokies actually are. To begin with, there are different types of jackpots, which can be found within the same or across different pokies. The most common include:
these are adjusted based on the bet value per spin, while they tend to be split into three different categories: namely, the mini, major and grand jackpot. Many pokies offer fixed jackpots that can reward even up to 50,000x times your original bet.
The best online casinos separate some of their popular games and incorporate a daily jackpot prize that they pay out. The amount of the daily jackpots is not correlated to your betting amount, but the more you bet per spin the higher your chances to win the jackpot are.
many casino games developers employ network-wide jackpots to advertise their new games or build upon their previous titles. Here, there is an ongoing pot that increases as players from one or more casinos bet on the linked-networked slots. These pots usually start from $10,000+ and reach millions.
Lastly, we have the progressive jackpot slot machines. These payout the highest jackpot amount from all the other types, while the prize changes over time. The winning prize is determined according to the bets placed on the progressive pokie in question, by all the players at a given online casino. The money pool increases based on a small fraction of each wagered bet until it is won by someone (varies across games). When this happens, the money pool resets, and the same process is repeated. The best progressive jackpot games have a high starting money pool, so that players do not have to wait for long until it is worth betting on them.
Best Jackpot Slots with a Progressive Prize in 2021
Jackpot prizes and the chance of winning a progressive jackpot can greatly vary from one jackpot pokie to another. Therefore, it is very important that you play slots that offer decent odds of winning the progressive jackpot. Below, we touch upon the top online progressive slots that you can play to this date.
Developed by Microgaming, Mega Moolah slot machine has paid the highest wins compared to all other games. It even holds the jackpot record at online casinos, standing at a respective $18 million win. With an RTP of 88.12%, it might seem discouraging to some – but this value does not count in the 4x jackpots. The progressive one starts at 1 million and there are also free spins up for grabs.
The second-best progressive jackpot slot is Mega Fortune by NetEnt. The reels layout is typical, with a 5×3 gameplay and the RTP stands at 96%, when factoring in the jackpots. There are free spins, wilds, scatters, and a bonus round that make the Mega Fortune gameplay a bit more fun when compared to other jackpot games. Here, players have the chance of winning 3x progressive jackpots, the rapid the major and the mega jackpot. Their prizes start at different levels and increase over time – with the mega jackpot starting off as high as 150,000$. Players have won over 5 million in a single payout from this progressive slot machine.
The Arabian Nights progressive jackpot slot by NetEnt has not experienced a similar level of fame to the above two slots. Nevertheless, it has paid out over 8 million dollars in a single hit. Players can win free spins and other high rewards when playing the Arabian Nights jackpot slot, but the progressive pot payout quite often – at an average of 22 weeks. The money pool here starts at 125,000$, which is significantly lower than the Mega Moolah – but still quite impressive.
How to Win the Jackpot
Winning the progressive jackpot in pokies is a matter of luck, but there are some tips that can indeed increase your winning chances. Below, you can find the main aspects to look out for when picking a progressive jackpot game:
Wins recorded – the RTP and the volatility tend to be the main factors to consider for normal pokies, but a good indicator of how likely you are to win a progressive prize is to see how many times it has paid out in the previous year.
Average money pool – if you are after progressive jackpots, then it means that you want to win at least 1 million. Thus, it is essential that you play on progressive pokies with an average money over that amount.
Qualifying bets – some progressive jackpots can only be won if a player bets the maximum stake, while others hit at random. We suggest that you stick with the latter, so you do not invest too much money.
The above are must follow tips when playing progressive jackpots, but you should also take into account the bonus rounds and the gameplay – so that you enjoy the game in the process. Getting fixated on winning the jackpot is not a clever way to approach gambling, since it is down to luck at the end of the day.
Should You Play Slots with Progressive Jackpots?
The chances of a player winning the slots progressive jackpot are pretty low to be honest, but there are a thousand or even million different reasons to still try.
First, let us state that if you are planning to play pokies anyway, why not go after the ones that can change your life through a single payout?
Also, the progressive pokies add a flare to the gameplay, even more intense than the feeling that you get when you trigger a bonus feature.
Another important point is that in 2021, the progressive pokies are not lesser to normal video pokies by any stretch of the imagination. The RTP, the bonus rounds, and the volatility levels are just as high – so there is no reason against playing progressive jackpots.
And lastly, progressive pokies tend to also be the most fun to play. When developers create a game they try hard, but with progressive pokies they always go the extra mile – since if no players engage with them, their money pool will always remain at low levels.
The Different Jackpot Types
We briefly touched upon the various jackpot types above, however, this niche within the online slots’ world is fairly complicated. Before we get into specific examples of progressive networks and independent jackpot pokies, it is paramount that we completely clear off the air.
A huge range of online pokies offer fixed jackpots within their gameplay. Unfortunately, some providers and ‘experts’ within the industry also commonly refer to highest possible win within any online slot as the ‘jackpot’. This, reasonably, creates confusion but keep in mind that fixed jackpot slots are not normal slots that offer great winning prizes.
Pokies machines from Pragmatic Play, like Wolf Gold and Chili Heat, are great examples of pokies with fixed jackpots. These games have a different board that illustrates the 3x apparent jackpot prizes, namely, the Grand, Major, and the Mega Jackpot. The reason that these jackpots are called fixed is due to their correlation to the bet level, with a set maximum cap that can be won when the players are betting the maximum possible amount.
Keep in mind that fixed jackpots can be lower in size compared to the amount that can be won on non-jackpot slots. This might be confusing to some so let us present a such example; Rainbow Riches, a classic slot machine, has a maximum possible bet of $500 per spin and the maximum winning prize during the bonus round is 500x; the total sum is $250,000. Now, let’s take Chili Heat, which is a slot with a max bet of $100, which sets the highest fixed jackpot available at $25,000.
What is the lesson? That fixed jackpot slots are not different to normal pokies machines. Some cool fixed jackpots are:
- Blue Wizard Fire Blaze Jackpots
- Wolf Gold
- Mustang Gold
By the term timely, we refer to the daily, weekly, and monthly jackpot prizes. As we touched upon, any slot can be assigned such a prize – just depends on the casino. These are usually triggered at random, as players spin during the base or bonus game. All that is required is luck, but the higher that a player bets, the more chances there are to win the timely jackpots. In certain cases, there might be a minimum bet of $2 required to qualify for a chance to win the jackpot.
One positive thing is that casino sites tend to refresh the timely jackpots after they are won. However, this is usually the case with the ‘progressive timely jackpots’ and not with those that are introduced through tournaments or promotions. Prizes can vary greatly, starting from as low as $1,000 for the daily, to $100,000+ for the monthly. Usually, the most popular games feature timely jackpots, so expect to find them on games like:
- Book of Dead
- Dead or Alive 2, etc.
Progressive pokies are a completely different story, as these might require a max bet to be won or not. It is up to the developer of the game, so it is not standard. Nonetheless, most progressive slots are inclusive to all players, as they require a huge base to accumulate high prizes – and therefore attract even more players.
Again here, progressive pokies could pay at random, as players spin casually – or they might only unlock the potential to win the highest prize through a ‘bonus jackpot feature’. A good example of this is the Mega Moolah slot; the Mega Moolah can be triggered through the special symbols, opening up 5x different outcomes: No win, mini, maxi, grand, and major. These all start from set bet levels and they keep growing until a lucky player wins them.
That’s the basic idea behind progressive jackpots, but remember that these only accumulate a percentage from the bets placed to this specific slot, on the particular casino. Some of the best progressive jackpot pokies include:
- Beach Life
- Gladiator Jackpot
- Jackpot Giant
Now, it is reasonable to wonder what else is there to discuss. Well, network jackpots are the level-up of progressive jackpots. They operate in exactly the same way, but they accumulate a percentage from all the bets placed in a group of pokies, which are linked together through the same pot.
The great thing about networked jackpots is that players are not confined to play one particular game to chase the massive payout, rather, they can pick and choose amongst the linked games. An example of a progressive network are the Playtech’s DC/Marvel pokies. All of these games carry a single progressive pot that constantly grows as players bet on any of these pokies on a single casino. Prizes are often higher than $1,000,000 and some of the online pokies that fall under this network include:
- The Flash
- Batman Begins
If you play on the most popular casinos only, it is also likely that you encounter a network jackpot that runs across all the casinos that are operated by one team. This progressive network pots can reach even higher amounts than the above games.
5 Highest Paying Networked Jackpot Slots in 2021
So, which games are the most popular when it comes to the prizes that they all offer? Below, we will explore some of the most rewarding networked jackpots, with some being fixed and other progressive. There are more networked pokies out there, but these are the most fun.
Jackpot King Slots by Blueprint
The Jackpot King network is the product of Blueprint Gaming, which has revisited various online slots and released a new version carrying this feature. The value of the jackpot is constantly rising until a player wins it; the latter can be achieved by landing 5x Jackpot King symbols on the reels. A mini game is then triggered, where players need to match different sets of symbols to trigger the winning pot. When the jackpot king prize is paid out, the jackpot prize resets and it starts accumulate value from every spin until it is won again. Below, you can see 3 of the most popular jackpot king games released by Blueprint in 2021, which all offer the potential to win the progressive jackpot indifferently of the bet level of the player.
- Fishin Frenzy Jackpot King – Blueprint added the Jackpot King version to the classic Fishin Frenzy slot, where the actions takes place in a 5×3 grid and 10 paylines. The game carries a low variance and an RTP that starts at 93.32%, which increases by 2%+ when incorporating the Jackpot King prize.
- The Goonies Jackpot King – the movie-inspired slot, the Goonies, was already packed with bonus rounds and exclusive fun mini games. Nonetheless, Blueprint also incorporated the Jackpot Prize within it, which fixes at a maximum RTP of 96.06%. With a low variance and $0.10 starting bets, The Goonies JPK slot is a great title!
- Genie Jackpots Jackpot King – besides the classic layout of 5×3 reels and 20 paylines, the advanced version of Genie Jackpots has nothing standard about it. Free Spins, Mystery Symbols, Gamble, Scatters and Wilds are just a few of the fun bonus rounds – besides the potential to win the jackpot king prize! With a 96.96% RTP and a medium volatility, this game is good as it gets!
PowerPlay Jackpots by Playtech
This impressive network of jackpots was just introduced this year by Vikings – a Playtech subsidiary company – and it has already rocked the online gambling world. This is pretty much a same network like the Age of the Gods series from Playtech, but this time, the theme is inspired from the Middle-East. The jackpot games can be triggered at random, as players spin anywhere between $0.10 – $500 per round – with the available pots being: Mini PowerPlay ($100 – $200), Peak PowerPlay ($2,000 – $3,000) and Mega PowerPlay Jackpot ($20,000 – no upper limit). The Some of the best games to date within this series include:
- Djinn of Storms PowerPlay: With an RTP of 96.49% and a bet range of $0.50 – $500 per spin, Djinn of Storms is a game more tailored towards high-rollers. Respins are triggered by the sticky wilds, which also energize the available multiplier. Both features can be re-triggered, establishing a pretty solid winning potential.
- Book of Kings PowerPlay: 5x reels and 10 paylines complement the Book of Kings slot, in its re-visited PowerPlay upgrade! Besides the available jackpots, players can win free spins and over 2,000x their bet during the base game.
- Blazing Bells PowerPlay: Six reels and 46,656 ways to win are apparent in this Playtech game; players can win the massive jackpots and also trigger unlimited multiplier during the collapsing reels/free spins rounds.
Fire Blaze Jackpots by Playtech
Playtech is again the pioneer behind this jackpot series; this time, there are 1-4 progressive jackpots, namely, the Mini, Minor, Major, and the Grand Jackpot. In 2021, there are a total of 9x Fire Blaze Jackpot slots.
- Legacy of the Tiger Fire Blaze Jackpots – with 5×3 reels and 50 paylines, the bets range from $0.10 – $500 per spin. Besides the 4 jackpots, players can also benefit from free spins, multipliers, re-spins, and a mini game. The RTP of this pokie is 96.59%.
- Golden Macaque Fire Blaze Jackpots – featuring a 96.50% RTP, this slot offers action on 5 reel and 243 paylines format. Respins, free spins, and one bonus game are apparent, as the 4 progressive jackpots!.
- Blue Wizard Fire Blaze Jackpot – probably the most famous game of the series, this slot has a $0.10 – $500 betting range. There are 5 reels and 30 paylines, which are set in a retro background featuring a castle. Multipliers, free spins, and exciting themed icons keep players entertained as they chase after the progressive prizes. Red Wizard is the latest release of Playtech, which is the follow up of this successful game!
Mega Moolah Pots by Microgaming
Microgaming has released Mega Moolah over a decade ago, but the company realized that players ‘are in love with the jackpot’. Only recently the company decided to follow up with more progressive games, that build up the classic progressive game that has awarded $10,000,000+ in prizes multiple times! To win the prizes in these games, players must randomly trigger the Mega Moolah Jackpot Wheel Game; 4x progressive pots are apparent on the wheel, namely the Mini (starts at $200), Minor (starts at $2,000), Major (starts at $100,000), and the Mega (starts at $1,000,000). All of these are available in the Mega Moolah family of games, with the best follow ups being:
- Mega Moolah ISIS: With a classic set up of 5×25 reels/paylines and a theme linked to the Egyptian Goddess, this slot lives up to its name. Besides the jackpot, landing 5x Goddess symbols can grant up to $10,000, while players can also win up to 30 free spins.
- Mega Moolah Atlantean Treasures: Moving away from the land, the jackpot wheel now moves underwater. This Microgaming release has a medium volatility and a 92.08% RTP (not including the jackpots), while instead of free spins – there are wilds and respins apparent here. The maximum winning prize besides the jackpot is 500x players’ stake here, which is a bit disappointing.
- Absolutely Mad Mega Moolah Progressive: Bet levels start as low as $0.20 per spin here, with the first Mega Moolah game carrying 243 ways to win instead of the standard paylines. Still, the game has a high variance, which means that you might have to wait to trigger the multipliers or the free spins round!
Marvel Jackpot Slots by Playtech
The Marvel movies franchise has landed the copyright freedom to Playtech to launch a network of slots under their titles/movies. In 2021, players can find any hero from the Marvel Universe, transformed into an online slot with a network jackpot attached to it. As with most Playtech jackpots, the progressive prizes can be randomly triggered at any time during the base game, with the higher the bets, the highest the potential to trigger the round. During the jackpot round, a single jackpot is always to be won (amongst the four in total), as long as the player matches the 3 respective icons. The Marvel jackpots are called Power, Super Power, Extra Power, and Ultimate Power.
- X-Men – with a 95.03% RTP and 25 paylines, the X-Men slot features all the favourite characters from the original movie. Free spins, wilds, and multipliers are apparent in the game, besides the available jackpots!
- The Avengers – a more recent Marvel hit takes the S.H.I.E.L.D heroes and positions them in one of the retro Marvel slots. The RTP is 95.02%, and players can trigger free spins and a bonus round as long as they land the respective symbols.
- Iron Man 2 – this Playtech superhero game has a higher RTP of 95.58%, as well as higher multipliers than the aforementioned pokies (6x). Expanding wilds and scatter symbols are also apparent, so don’t miss out on this superhero slot.
Exclusive Progressive Pots
Obviously, networked pokies are not the only ones that can change one’s life through multimillion jackpot prizes. Other companies also introduce singular online slots that feature a progressive pot that can be won, it just grows based on the bets on the specific title only.
- Wheel of Wishes Wowpot – a Microgaming slot, with 4x jackpots waiting to be won. The mini (10 credits), the minor (100 credits), the major (50,000 credits), and the wowpot starting at 2,000,000 credits. The winning potential here is spectacular and the RTP stands at 93.34%.
- Mega Joker – an unconventional 2×3 reels, 5-lines, multi-coin slot by NetEnt, has shaken the gambling world for ages. One of the highest volatilities and RTPs, Mega Joker has 99% return when spinning the supermeter mode! 100/200 bets unlock further random payouts, while the progressive pot can be awarded at random during the base game.
- Gladiator Jackpot – my personal favourite, Gladiator Jackpot by Playtech pays out over $1 million every 3 months. It is a modern-looking slot that features scatters, wilds, Ancient-Roman symbols, and wilds! The volatility is medium, and the jackpot can be paid out during any spin during the base game at random.
For every player interested in a top slots game, the progressive pokies are just one dream that awaits to be fulfilled. These machines payout the biggest amount that could be won on any land based or online casino, so even feeling that there is a real chance to win while playing – it makes the overall pokies experience amazing.
Nevertheless, we cannot overstate that going after a casinos progressive game shouldn’t result in excessive gaming that could be harmful to you on a personal level. Thus, play a game for as long as it is fun and exciting.