Cashback Casino Bonus: Win Even when You Lose at Online Casinos
Online casinos are quickly picking up on a new trendy bonus, the cashback. In the past, this bonus offer was only available to high rollers and VIP players, as these punters used to wager thousands of dollars often, so the casinos used to offer them a return to their losses.
Nowadays, online casinos recognize the popularity of this type of bonus, adding it amongst other promotions for all players. In essence, a cashback bonus will allow the player to claim back some of their losses within a given period of time. The bonus is calculated as percentage of the total losses; for instance, a 10% cashback for losses of $500, would mean that you can get a bonus of $50.
The above is the basic idea of how cash back bonuses operate at casinos, with a wealth of cashback casinos and insights into this promotion following.
Best Casinos with Cashback Offers 2023
The following pokies sites are added due to their solid cashback promotions, although they perform well on other fronts too (security, licensing, safety, payments, game selection etc.):
- MegaSlot Casino features one of the best casino cashback offers in Australia, where you can get money back at a 25% weekly rate.
- Casino Rocket is renowned for its unique bonuses and games, but it clearly stands out as one of the best casinos with a cashback bonus.
- Rich Casino offers 15% cashback weekly.
- Supernova offers welcome cashback bonus of 100% your first deposit, with a 5x winning cap.
- Eclipse Casino offers welcome and weekly 100% cashback bonus with 50x playthrough.
- Casino Moons offers 15% weekly cashback no wagering.
- Grand Rush Casino allows up to 15% cashback with a maximum winning cap at $100.
- Winward Casino provides 15% weekly cashback no WR, as long as no withdrawal is requested in the past week.
- Joo Casino offers a 5 – 15% cashback bonus, depending on your VIP level.
- Rocket Play provides up to 25% cashback, again depending on the player’s VIP status.
- Wild Joker offers a Cashdrop bonus, awarding $500 – $2,000 no wagering bonuses depending on weekdays and weekend losses.
- Drake Casino offers a 10% cashback promotion every Tuesday, no wagering requirements. No withdrawal request during the past month is amongst the requirements for this.
About Casino Cashback Bonuses
Cashback promotions and bonuses are my personal favourite type of bonus, for more than one reasons. Firstly, players can freely wager their deposit funds, without worrying about any requirements on bets, wagering or qualifying games, Simply, you can do whatever you want with your deposit amount.
If you end up losing, you can then request a cashback bonus, which, in essence, is a free bonus. Now, this bonus will mainly provide you with an additional chance to win, without requiring any further deposit.
Still, there are some common requirements when it comes to cashback, like not withdrawing any funds during a given period and wagering the cashback bonus prior to withdrawal; although the latter is not always applicable, with some cashback bonus offers being wagering free.
Step by Step Guide to the Casino Cashback Bonus
The idea behind cashback offers is straightforward, however, you might want to see how it would work in practice for better understanding:
- First off, you will need to make a deposit to qualify for a cashback bonus. In most instances, cashback casinos accept $10 deposits.
- Then, you must wager your real money, until you lose. Sometimes, cashback bonuses are available for deposits on selected days, although they usually apply to losses on a whole week; meaning, that you will have to wait for a whole week to claim your cashback bonus, usually the following Monday. Alternatively, you play for a ‘Tuesday’ (any qualifying day) cashback bonus, and you request your losses percentage the following day.
- Almost universally, players claim their cashback bonus by contacting the casino support team; then, they will add the percentage (i.e. 10%) of your total deposits during the previous week (i.e. $1,000) as available bonus balance (i.e. $100).
- Often, the cashback bonuses come with some wagering requirements and other terms and conditions, which you must meet prior to withdrawing the remaining balance.
Maximizing your Casino Cashback Returns – How Does this Bonus Work?
Hopefully, by now you must have a clear understanding of how cashback casino bonuses operate. The idea is pretty simple, although it is normal for online casinos to not like this type of bonus, as they are mainly giving away free money. In contrast, all other promotions types motivate players to deposit higher amounts.
In any case, there are ways to benefit more through certain cashback bonuses:
- Deposit on the qualifying day of this promotion only and not on other days.
- Do not withdraw money until you have decided that you are done playing; as if you withdraw any funds, then you won’t be able to claim a cashback bonus in the same week.
- Only opt in for cashback casinos that offer the highest percentage of bonus; ideally above 20%.
- Do not claim a deposit bonus that has high wagering requirements, as you can only claim a single bonus through a single deposit; better to play your real money and claim a cashback bonus the following week.
- Only play high RTP games with your real money deposit, or live dealer games, as you can only wager cashback bonuses on selected games after.
- Always prefer cashback no wagering casino bonuses, as they are instantly withdrawable.
Alternative Offers to the Casino Cashback Bonus
Despite the obvious benefits of cashback promotions, some players prefer to maximize their balance, instead of cutting down their losses; cashback is not ideal for that, rather welcome promotions, free spins and reload bonuses can help:
- Welcome Package – these offers usually double or even triple the real money deposit of the player. Sign up here.
- Reload Bonuses – similarly to cashback promos, these offers are available weekly, offering over 50% bonus. Join and spin.
- Free Spins – promotions are often an added bonus to the above two options; usually, they carry high playthrough requirements and low winning cap, but they provide a lot of free play time. Play now!
- No Deposit Bonuses – are usually offered upon sign up to new players. My advice is to always claim such bonuses, as they do not affect your ability to claim a cashback bonus after your first deposit. Claim here.
Bonuses that do not affect your ability to claim a cashback promotion afterwards include VIP perks, slots tournaments and loyalty rewards. Discover more here.
Reasons to Choose a Cashback Online Casino
Most of the reasons that are in favour of casino cashback promos are laid out above, however, the following list highlights its overall benefits when compared to other promotions:
- Often instantly withdrawable
- Usually no or very low wagering requirements
- Can be used to play any casino game
- Does not affect your balance withdrawals
- Does not require a deposit to claim, rather it awards for money already lost
Nonetheless, there are a few downsides to the cashback promos, when it is compared to the other casino offers:
- Small bonus percentage
- Can carry a winning cap
- Hard to find casinos that offer such bonuses
- Often dependent on the VIP level
Do Casino VIP Programs Affect Cashback Bonuses?
One way that online cashback casinos affect players towards playing a lot of money without carrying about their losses is the false advertisement of their own promos. The above is one of the reasons that you should also check out our casino reviews in detail.
The way that online platforms trick players is by advertising their maximum claimable cashback bonus per day, week or month, although this is only applicable to the highest-ranking VIP players. For instance, a VIP player might be able to claim 20% weekly cashback, while a normal player 1%. Thus, before you sign up on a cashback casino, you should always read the cashback promo Ts & Cs and other details.
Things to be Wary Of
Besides the above, cashback promotions, as all bonuses, come with a set of terms attached to them. Things that you should consider both to qualify for the cashback bonus and to be able to withdraw winnings from it include:
- Minimum deposit amount
- Maximum cashback bonus
- Qualifying period
- Limitations in terms of withdrawals
- Maximum win from a cashback bonus
- Wagering requirements
- Bonus based on players’ status
- Procedure required to claim the bonus
- Qualifying games to wager cashback bonus
- Maximum bet when playing with a cashback bonus
Always Gamble Responsibly
As you must have noticed by reading through, the cashback bonus is our most recommended bonus; so much, that we suggest joining our cashback casinos, rather any other online casino in Australia.
Nevertheless, this bonus might lead players to wagering huge amounts of cash, as they feel that they will get some of it back indifferently to whether they win or lose. Players must never gamble with such a rationale, as casino bonuses are aimed for entertainment purposes only and not as a way to further your financial condition.
We suggest that you use cashback bonuses as a way to enjoy more play time at your favourite casino, but not as a way to cover expenses or make money. Gambling should be something that you conduct for fun, so when you feel that the Fun Stops, You Should Stop!
- About the Author
- Affiliate Disclosure
Michael has reviewed and verified all information on this page. Having worked in the iGaming industry for over 8 years, he is the most capable person to help you navigate online casinos, pokies, and the Australian gambling landscape.