Online casino transactions are relatively effortless today, with Skrill being one of the breakthrough ways to deposit or withdraw money. Many regulated gambling markets allow online casinos to offer 20+ payments, which is not the case with Australia, Canada, and the US. Here, players are limited to a few methods only, and Skrill is the most widely accepted.
Skrill is not randomly one of the best casino banking methods. It is accepted by online casinos globally with a few exceptions and provides safe, secure, instant, and free-of-charge transactions. Players from Australia can play pokies, roulette, keno, or bingo without any hassles at Skrill casinos. This page is dedicated to casinos accepting Skrill, covering:
- The best 10 Skrill casinos in Australia
- Background info and Skrill company details
- Benefits and drawbacks of Skrill online casinos
- How to deposit and withdraw using Skrill at a casino
Best Skrill Casinos in Australia for May 2022
Most seasoned gamblers are aware of how prevalent Skrill is at online casinos. Tapping on any of the casinos listed below will help you find the best accepting Aussie punters. What’s more, our 10 top-recommended Skrill online casinos for Australia guarantee no deposit pokies bonuses, no deposit free spins, 100% deposit match, reload offers, insurance bonuses, VIP rewards, etc. Aside from real money bonuses, the best Skrill casino sites are 100% safe, licensed, and secure for Aussie players and home to thousands of online pokies, live dealer games, mobile casino games, and RNG-operated table games. The choice is yours, but one thing is certain – the following Skrill casinos promise tons of fun.
- Play Amo Casino
- Wild Card City Casino
- KingJohnnie Casino
- True Blue Casino
- Jackpot Jill Casino
- JokaVipRoom Casino
- AllSpinsWin Casino
- King Billy Casino
- Guns Bet Casino
- Ignition Online Casino
Skrill Online Payments
Online payment processors are helpful for several activities. For instance, it is wise to use a credit card when shopping online or PayPal for purchasing items online. Skrill is considered the best eWallet for casino transactions. And this has not come about randomly since Skrill is a company particularly invested in the online casino market. All English-speaking countries, including the US, Australia, and Canada that feature online casinos, will also allow for transactions through Skrill. To put it better, any online casino respecting itself, indifferently to its jurisdiction, will allow its players to deposit and withdraw funds using Skrill.
Initially branded as Moneybookers in 2001, it aimed to become the best eWallet across all verticals. It lost by far, occupying 1% of the market compared to PayPal, which owned 58.88%. By 2011, the company was bought out by Investcorp Partners, rebranded to Skrill, and aggressively focused on the online gambling industry. Soon after, it reached the top within the online casino banking industry and purchased PaySafeCard.
The two eWallets competing for the highest market share in the online gambling industry were Skrill and Neteller. The fight was tight until the Optimal Group, which owned Neteller, also bought out Skrill, which purchased another competitor – Ukash.
Today, Skrill accepts over 40 currencies and operates in 120+ countries, while it is recommended as the most crypto-friendly eWallet in the market. Supporting Bitcoin, Ethereum, Dogecoin, and Litecoin transactions, Skrill has tapped into a niche to further expand within the gambling payments niche.
Aspects to Consider when Searching for Skrill Casinos
Selecting a Skrill casino is equally challenging to finding any top online casino to trust with your money and have fun playing games. Before we recommend sites, we consider several factors. When selecting one of the top Skrill casinos listed on this page, you should ideally do the same – or take our word for it. To do so, we would like to provide a quick overview of some of the areas we carefully explore before vouching for a specific Skrill online casino:
- Country-Specific Gambling Laws – different laws might apply to online gambling depending on where you live. For instance, players in Australia are not legally allowed to deposit real money and play online gambling games. Nonetheless, several offshore casino sites accepting Skrill cater to this market, so you can also benefit from them. At the end of the day, players don’t face any risks or legal implications.
- Skrill Casino Software & Games – adding money to your casino account is one thing, but the importance of playing safe and exceptionally designed casino games is another. We never recommend a Skrill casino lacking in that respect. Our top-rated Skrill sites are powered by the best software providers, such as Microgaming, NetEnt, RealTime Gaming, Betsoft, Playtech, etc. So when you join a casino from this page, you don’t only know that it accepts Skrill payments, but it also offers the best pokies and blackjack games.
- License and Safety Aspects – secure payments are our number one priority, along with the casino software, but advanced SSL-bit encryption and RNG/RTP testing are also paramount. All Aussie Skrill casinos on this page tick both boxes while also carrying an active license from Curacao’s Government.
- Skrill Casino Bonuses – let’s say that you went through with your first Skrill casino payment of $10. Okay, great, you now have $10 to play one of the thousands of available games. Why not double or even triple your first deposit at no additional cost, though? Sounds great, right? That’s why we only promote Skrill casinos with no deposit offers, casino bonuses for new players, free spins for selected pokies, etc.
- Customer Support – another critical aspect that is often unnoticed is the casino’s customer service team. Imagine that your Skrill payment did not go through or your withdrawal is delayed. What will you do then? If you join one of our recommended Skrill casinos, you can call, message online, or email the casino support agents and resolve your problem quickly.
How to Deposit at Casinos with Skrill
Funding your online account using Skrill is simple. To begin, you must visit Skrill.com and register. The sign-up process takes less than five minutes, requiring personal details (name, birth date, email, phone number, etc.), address (where you live), and banking info (you must link a bank account or card to Skrill). As soon as you do the above, you can transfer money from your bank or credit card to Skrill, with a small fee which we will discuss later. The amount will instantly appear in your newly created eWallet account.
The above process needs to be completed only once, and then you can hop to one of our recommended Skrill online casinos to continue. You will have to complete a similar process, only this time to register a new casino account. As soon as you do, you will be able to place a deposit using Skrill at the casino banking section. The funds will instantly appear as a casino balance, plus a bonus balance if you selected a casino wisely, and now you are ready to play to your heart’s content.
Skrill Casino Withdrawals
Placing the first deposit using Skrill is similar to cashing out through the same banking method. Simply visit the cashier section, type the amount you want to withdraw under the Skrill option, and confirm. The request will be processed swiftly, and your Skrill balance will be updated according to your winnings. From there, you can use the funds to deposit at another online casino, withdraw to your linked bank account or card, or simply use Skrill for any online payment you desire.
It is important to remember that players using Skrill, like any other casino payment method, must complete the KYC procedure for casino payouts. The process is typically completed by sourcing the customer support team of the online casino with evidence to confirm your full name, address, and ownership of the bank account. With Skrill, you complete the KYC at the eWallet platform and provide a screenshot to the online casino. As such, you won’t need to go through this process two times, and the casino will only request the evidence when you first place a withdrawal request.
Processing Times and Fees at Skrill Casinos
One of the main benefits of Skrill for casino payments is the instant payments and payouts. Indifferently to the amount, you will not have to wait for a second to play casino games. However, this ultimate speed comes with a cost. All deposits from your bank account to Skrill carry a 1% fee, with a 7.50% fee, or roughly $7, applying to withdrawals.
No additional fees are placed by online casinos, although they might be responsible for minor delays in payment times.
Benefits of Skrill Online Casinos
Skrill is not the market leader in the iGaming banking industry by chance. We covered several aspects concerning its uses, highlighting the cons and pros coming with it. In terms of disadvantages, there are only the fees applying to payments between your bank and the eWallet. They are lower compared to Neteller but higher if you also consider PayPal. The latter lacks in various respects, though, so we still recommend Skrill over it. The benefits of Skrill casinos outway the cons, to our view at least:
- Available to use in most countries, including all regulated iGaming markets.
- Great currency exchange rates, making it an excellent option for players gambling in several offshore gambling sites.
- Accepted by almost all online casinos in Australia and globally.
- Instant deposits and withdrawals, unless the Skrill casinos delay the processing times.
- It can set activity limits, restrict gambling sites, or blacklist selected gambling platforms. There is no better way to safeguard yourself from overspending to play casino games.
- Several online casinos provide exclusive promo codes for Skrill players to fund their casino accounts.
- Players only need to complete the KYC procedure once at the Skrill platform and not multiple times across different online casinos they join.
- It can help maintain your privacy, shielding your spending habits from your bank or credit card provider.
- Provides an extra layer of security, removing the need to share personal details with any site you transact with.
- One of the safest eWallets, with over 30 million active users.
Skrill vs Neteller
The only eWallet we can compare Skrill to is Neteller. Owned by the same group and being equally accessible at online casinos, it is worth making a case for which of the eWallets is the best. Let’s look at the hard evidence, as they do not lie:
- Skrill operates over 45 currencies, compared to roughly 30 for Neteller.
- Neteller provides a few free local bank deposit options, while Skrill offers free-of-charge over five global and local deposit methods.
- Neteller is far superior to Skrill for paid deposit method variety with close to 50 vs. 3 for Skrill. However, the Neteller fee for deposits is 2.5% compared to a 1% fee with Skrill.
- Although Neteller provides a few free options, the number of withdrawal options is roughly the same. Here, Skrill applies a 7.50% fee across the board, much higher than the 1.45% Neteller fee.
As one would expect, the Optimal Group owning both casino payment methods, has marketed them differently. Skrill is far superior to Neteller for deposits, while it is far worst for withdrawals. It is essential to highlight that these fees do not apply to online casino transactions but rather between your bank and the eWallet. With all the information concerning Skrill casino deposits and withdrawals on the table, you can now make your selection without wondering if it was the right choice.