Pirate Gold is a slot game by Pragmatic Play, that is available to play in Australia. Players can bet between $0.40 to $200 per spin since the game takes place on 5×4 reels and 40 paylines. Players can win three different jackpots, free spins and multipliers. Pirate Gold slot comes with a 96.50% RTP and a very high volatility. More on our full review below.
- Above average RTP
- Pretty much all types of bonus features
- Great Graphics and Gameplay
- Money Bag Feature Takes a While to Trigger
|Bet Range||$0.40 – $200|
|Game Structure||5 reels, 4 rows and 40 fixed paylines|
|Bonus Features||Wild, Scatters, Bonus Symbols, Jackpots, Respins, Multipliers, Free Spins, Additional Wilds, Additional Free Spins.|
|Jackpots||Minor, Major, Grand|
|Compatibility||Mobile, Desktop, Instant Play, iOS, Android.|
|Provider||Pragmatic Play, Released in|
|Related Games||Five Pirates, Pirate Gold Deluxe, Pirates Plenty.|
Symbols & Payouts in Pirate Gold
Symbols on the Pirates Gold reels include pirate coins of different values, copper, bronze and gold, a hook, a treasure map, a treasure chest, and the male and female pirates that payout the most for successful combinations.
Each of the symbols has a very realistic look and feel, which is intensified by the dynamic background, whereby the sea is moving as the clouds in the sky. The music is a bit hollow and mystical, setting up the mood for a spooky pokies session in the wild sea.
Pragmatic Play has managed to pull together a fascinating video slot machine, that will not tire players in any sense, as they spin the reels of Pirate Gold. All common elements of their slots can be found in Pirate Gold, such as above average RTP, jackpots, high volatility and free spins.
The best value symbols are the two pirates, which pay out 12.5x stake for five identical symbols. All symbols payout in the form of multiplication of your bet, unlike coins-based slot machines from other providers:
- Parrot – 7.5x stake for five identical
- Pirate Ship – 7.5x stake for five identical
- Treasure Map – 5x stake for five identical
- Goggle – 5x stake for five identical
- Hook – 1.875x stake for five identical
- Gold Coin – 1.875x stake for five identical
- Silver Coin – 1.25x stake for five identical
- Bronze Coin – 1.25x stake for five identical
There are two more symbols apparent in the game, which we will discuss below as they alter the base game completely.
Playing Pirate Gold Slot Online
- Tapping on the + and – buttons allows players to adjust the bet levels. There are three different adjustable values, namely, Total Bet, Coin Value and Coins per Line. Players can bet 1 – 10 coins per line of value $0.01 – $0.50 per coin. The total bet can range from $0.40 – $200, since the 40 available paylines are fixed.
- The two arrows that point to each other start the game, after claiming the bet size from your available bankroll.
- The Autoplay function allows players to set a number of automatic spins with certain parameters, such as ‘Single Wins Exceed’, ‘If Cash Increases By’ and ‘If Cash Decreases By’. Players can set 10 – 100 automatic spins on Pirate Gold.
To win players must land a minimum of two high paying symbols on an active payline. All wins pay a multiplication of the bet size in coins, as detailed in the previous paragraph. Players can win a maximum of $2,500 for five pirates in the base game.
Pirate Gold Bonus Features
The treasure chest is the wild symbol of the game, which can land on all reels except the first. The wild in Pirate Gold can help you form wins with all symbols, except the bonus and money symbols.
On the other hand, the compass is the bonus symbols, with three paying 1x the total bet. If players land a minimum of three bonus symbols, then they will be awarded 10 free spins.
During the free spins round of Pirate Gold slot, players will have two additional wilds at play, namely, the two pirates. Although the payouts of the free spins round are identical to the base game, the interplay of three wilds makes it particularly easier to land big wins. Further, the free spins round can be re-triggered unlimited times if three bonus symbols land again.
Lucky Treasure Bag Feature
If you have ever played Pirate Gold before, then you will know that the key to victory lies within the money bags. Players must land 8 or more money symbols to trigger the bonus game of Pirate Gold. Each money bag has a cash value attached to it, which remains for the ones that triggered the feature. Then, players have three free respins, during which they must fill the remaining slots. If no money symbol fixes on the reels for three consecutive times, then the feature ends and players are awarded the total of the money bags they landed on the reels. During this feature, there are some special money symbols:
- Multiplier Bag that is applied on the total amount of cash won during the feature, ranging from 1 – 5x.
- Shut Treasure chest is the symbol that you want to land during this bonus. It will re-start the whole feature after it ends, with the same values that it was initiated the first time.
- Minor Bag carries the minor jackpot, which is 50x your bet level.
- Major Bag carries the major jackpot, which is 200x your bet level.
- Grand Bag carries the grand jackpot, which is 1000x your bet level.
All bags, besides the Grand Jackpot, can land multiple times during the same Pirate Gold bonus round. So, just for an indication of how much you can win on Pirate Gold, the Grand Jackpot alone with the 5x multiplier at max bet can reward you $1,000,000.
The 100 Spins Experience
We started off with $100,000 fun balance and played 100 automatic spins on Pirate Gold. We set the bet level on a total of $2 per spin, with 5 coins per line at $0.01 value each. What we can report based on the above is:
- Biggest Win of $60 thanks to the female pirate symbols. Landed a $16 win too thanks to the parrots.
- Hit rate of 1/3 spins on average, which is great for such a volatility.
- No trigger of bonus.
We finished the 100 spins with $76 less than we started, although this should be expected since we did not manage to trigger any bonus round. Hopefully, you will experience a better run when you play Pirate Gold for real money.
Should you Play Pirate Gold Slot?
To us, Pirate Gold is one of the best games from Pragmatic Play and by far the best video slot with a Pirate theme. The above can be justified by merely looking at the only 3.50% house edge that the game has and the extremely high volatility levels. Nonetheless, the latter is a clear indication that the slot is more appropriate for high rollers.
If you decide to play Pirate Gold, then check out the below Pragmatic Play casino sites that you can sign up from Australia:
Yes, Pirate Gold is an HTML5 pokies, as most Pragmatic Play games – which makes it accessible from all devices and software systems. Further, you can find the game on both iOS and Android casino applications.
Yes, the bonus symbols in Pirate Gold trigger 10 free spins, for three on the reels. During the free spins games, the two high paying symbols are also operating as wilds, exponentially increasing the chance of winning combinations. Further, additional scatters trigger 10 more free spins without a maximum cap on how many free spins a player can win on Pirate Gold slot.
Yes, not just one, but three fixed jackpots are apparent in Pirate Gold by Pragmatic Play. Players can only win the jackpots during the Lucky Treasure Bag Feature, which is triggered by 8 or more money bag symbols. On top of the jackpot prizes, which reward 50x, 200x and 1,000x, players also win the total sum of the money bags – along with the potential of an up to 5x multiplier.
Pirate Gold has a theoretical RTP of 96.50%, which is fairly above average.
Pirate Gold is rated as very volatile slot by its developer, with a 5/5 rank. This means that game is more likely to payout higher amounts in a few spins, although the big wins can take a while to land.
- About the Author
- Affiliate Disclosure
Michael has reviewed and verified all information on this page. Having worked in the iGaming industry for over 8 years, he is the most capable person to help you navigate online casinos, pokies, and the Australian gambling landscape.