Released just in 2019 by Spade Gaming, Mermaid slot is one of the beautiful video slots out there. The game offers free spins, multipliers and additional free spins if you are lucky enough, while players can bet from as low as 30 cents per spin. Check out our full review of Mermaid slot to see if it is worth your buck!
- Not Public RTP and Volatility
- Low Maximum Win
|Minimum/Maximum Bet||$0.30 – $450|
|Gameplay||5 reels, 3 rows and 15 paylines|
|Bonus Features||Free Spins, Multiplier, Gamble, Scatter, Wild|
|Usability||HMTL5, SFX, Mobile, Desktop, Tablet, Instant Play, App.|
|Software Provider||Spadegaming, 20.03.2019 release|
|Similar Games||Mermaid Millions, Mermaid Pearls, Pearls Pearls Pearls|
Table of Contents
Betting at Mermaid Slot Online
To start betting on Mermaid slot, players have to set their bet levels first, which range from $0.30 – $450 per spin. The total comes about from the multiplication of credits per payline. During any spin, 15 paylines are active and the symbols land on five reels and three rows.
The process is identical to any device that you decide to play on, so nothing complicated here. Up next, you can see how each symbol combination will payout.
Symbols & Payouts
|Symbols||2x on a payline||3x on a payline||4x on a payline||5x on a payline|
|J and 10||–||5||25||100|
|A and K||–||10||40||150|
|Starfish and Seahorse||–||15||75||250|
|Lobster and Male Shark||2||25||125||750|
|Free Spins Scatter||2||5||20||500|
- Left Arrow – exits from the game.
- Speaker – allows to adjust sound.
- I – opens the paytable, which offers info on the payouts and bonus features.
- ? – help page, which provides info on the guidelines to start betting.
- Timer – bet history.
- 3 arrows – speeds spin time animation.
- Play icon – allows for autospins between 5 to infinite number, with loss and winnings controls.
- Dollar sign – allows to manage the bet per spin.
- 2 circular arrows – the button that triggers the spin per round.
How to Win at Mermaid
To form a win in Mermaid slot, you must match a minimum of 2 or 3 symbols, depending on the symbol type. Symbols must align on a single active payline to payout, starting from the leftmost reel. Only one winning combination is paid per payline, as in all slot machines.
Mermaid slot does not have any unexpected turns, except that the scatters pays anywhere on the reels. The most you can win during the base game is 10,000 coins, by matching 5x wild symbols.
Mermaid Bonus Features
Wild – the mermaid herself is the wild symbol of the game, which substitutes for all other symbols and doubles the winning combinations. On top of that, players can win a stunning 10,000 coins jackpot for five wilds.
Free Games – the scatter symbol of Mermaid slot is the ‘Free Spin’ symbol, which pays 500x the total bet for five on the reels. When a minimum of three land anywhere on the reels, players will be awarded 15 free spins with a 3x win multiplier. More scatters can lead up to an infinite number of free games.
Gamble – During the base game of Mermaid slot, players can gamble their winnings at any moment. There are two options, wagering on the suit or on the colour, which pays 4x and 2x respectively. You can continue betting your money up to four times.
Storyline, Music & Graphics
To be frank, there is no much storyline involved in Mermaid slot. The symbols are all related to a fishing, underwater theme, while they are not really animated. The game plays in a 2D fashion with cartoony graphics, although it was just released two years ago.
The music is also quite basic, following a classic slot machine winning effect, with a female congrats sigh after every win. Not too impressed by the work put by Spadegaming in this underwater slot.
Spade Gaming is a less known software provider, although the company has been around since 2007. It carries a license from MGA and an iTech Labs certification, while all their video pokies are HTML5 produced. Some of their best slots to date include:
- Heroes, that comes with 96.97% RTP
- Magical Lamp, which offers stunning payouts and an over 97% RTP.
- Fafafa, which is one of the best Asian slots with a 400x maximum win.
Similar Slot Games to Play
If you are in love with Mermaid related themes, then we got some decent slot machines for you.
- Microgaming’s Mermaid Millions is one of the most popular game’s with such a theme. The 3D graphics, the stunning sound effects and the maximum win of over 5,000x make it stand out.
- Then, Playtech’s Pearls Pearls Pearls slot machine is part of the Fire Blaze series. All these games share four fixed jackpots, which you can win by entering the Hold and Spin feature.
- Lastly, why not give a try at Saucify’s Sirens Serenade? The game is a true video slot, offering animated symbols and 3D graphics, while executing the overall theme from a much more gothic viewpoint.
Overview of Mermaid Slots: RTP, Variance & Jackpot
Spade Gaming does not offer details on the return to player rate of Mermaid slot, neither on its volatility. Judging from the other games of this provider, the variance is at high levels, while RTP above average. Still, we are not 100% positive about this, as official stats are not provided. The higher possible wins in this slot can come in two ways:
- During the free spins round, by landing 5 scatters, which will be multiplied by 3 – offering 1,500x your bet.
- By landing 5 Mermaid wilds during the free games, which offer a 10,000 coin payout x3 from the free spins multiplier. Not bad.
Yes, Mermaid is an HTML5 slot machine, which makes it instantly playable on all devices and software systems.
Players can win up to 1,500x their bet from the scatters or 20,000 coins from the wilds during the free spin round.
There is no jackpot apparent in Mermaid slot. Players can win decent amounts from the wilds and scatters instead.
There is not a wealth of bonuses in Mermaid slot. Players can win free spins with multipliers or double wins from the wild symbol.
- About the Author
- Affiliate Disclosure
Michael has reviewed and verified all information on this page. Having worked in the iGaming industry for over 8 years, he is the most capable person to help you navigate online casinos, pokies, and the Australian gambling landscape.